GA4012 review by Ashton

Ashton: GA4012

Purchased from: Glenroy Music

The sound quality on this bad boy is great, the dirty channel offers great sound for metal, punk and hard rock. It's also quite good to play AC/DC, Velvet Revolver, Metallica, some Black Sabbath, The Ramones, and Kiss. I never do anything with the presence toggle but I most definately always change the shape and gain for the different artists or experimenting. However it does have a little bit of feedback. The clean channel is superb. With a nice mahogany guitar, it offers a good crystal clear sound. I usually use the clean tone with my crappy J&D Luthiers Standard and the sound quality is near perfect. I usually play songs by Zeppelin, Doors and Chuck Berry and it sounds damn good for its price. I don't usually do much with the treble, middle or bass, but for my style its best to have treble 10, middle about 7.5 and the bass about 6.

I usually play metal, punk, hard rock, soft rock, classic rock and blues. And its pretty true to its tone. I've been playing for about 2 years now and the only other amp I own is a 20watt Casino 12 and this amp blows the shit out of it. If it was stolen I would probably buy a Laney MXD120 Twin. The thing I love about this beast is its not only hard hitting but crisp tone. I play Thunderstruck on this and I can't get enough of the sounds. It's also great for soloing. The only thing that I don't like about it is the presence toggle because I never modify it because it doesn't sound good unless you want to play backup without being noticed. And also you can't put the vvolume on the dirty channel more than halfway, althouhg it is loud, it is very crackly and doesn't offer much bite.

The reliability of this amp is not bad. It broke down on me once when I was jamming n had to get it repaired but it turned out it was the manufacturing of it.

I purchased this amp just this year. It has two channels, dirty and clean. The clean channel has level, and an equilizer with treble, middle and bass. The dirty channel has gain, shape, precence and level. It has a master reverb which I don't fiddle with much. It also has a footswith, channel and reverb input for a pedal. I usually like a little more variety when it comes to features but its not too bad.

PunkRawkFreak
    I have this amp also. I bought it for $80 AUD after 6 months of use... what a steal. Anyway I love it. I'm in a band and I play bass guitar in that, although im an aspiring guitar player and play guitar most of the time. The amp really does it for me and the band, as the distortion is so versatile that it covers anything we play, from matchbox 20 to slipknot. I am really impressed with the clean channel. I took it to an acoustic day out and everyone was asking if it was actually an Ashton. The clean channel is amazing, and it combines well with the reverb that is just right, and not overpowering. **Invest in this amp if you need a good, loud sound for a small price.
    sggod01
    ey, can u guys tell me som distortion settings, cus mine sound shit.
    gibofan01
    sggod01 : ey, can u guys tell me som distortion settings, cus mine sound shit. mate i have this, and it didnt take long at all after i got it to figure out that the distortion sounds like ****ing shit!!!! so the settings are:..... GET SOME FUCKING PEDALS!! ( marshall guv2!! ) thank you