GA80 review by Ashton

Ashton: GA80

Purchased from: guitarworld-perth

I'm usin a piece of shit guitar at the moment so to be gettin the sound I am now I'm stoked. I have the tone on 10 and just usin the back pikup and use the amp settings to get a harsh straight out punk rock. It's great loud, havent used it for a show yet but it will stand up. It's f--kin loud on half when turned to it on the master volume. Distortion can be stinging, bassy or fuckin heavy.

It is by far the best amp for its price. I would strongly recommend it to any kid graduating up to the 50 watt plus combo stage. You can blow ya mates minds apart with this thing, it's loud as. I love the boost function. If it got nicked I would by a Marshall head and cabinet but thats just coz I want a Marshall! This thing is awsome.

It's really good. I wouldnt use it at a gig without backup because I'm a paraniod freak but I know it could handle it. It's never broken down nor looked it. I've had it on for hours at really high levels and volume and it stands it perfectly. Fells really strong and reliable. Feels like a great solid amp. Just treat it good and it will repay you tenfold.

This amp has 3 channels. Dirty, boost and clean although the boost has its own gain control it shares middle, treble, bass controls with the dirty. I got it with a footswitch, bout 70 bux on its own. The amp is versatile for anything, warm clean tones, heavy bassy metal. I'm playin punk and its fuckin choice. It's got the headphone jack, master controls for volume and reverb but also level controls for the distortions and clean. No fx but ther is inputs for speaker ext and an effects loop.

chrismcdonnell1
    i payed $40 aus for my ga80 / i play early rock n roll and my ibenez tone blaster dont even match its sound . great turned up and i use it for gigs each week . i play professional so i need a good hardy all round amp . well done ashton .
    american-psycho
    spiderlama
    This is a great amp! Killer tone, and dirt cheap. It beats Marshal MG and Crate combo's by far (trust me, I played them all side by side). It's a huge beast but you know it'll last. I got mine on special for $400 brand new, RRP $500. Ashton takes the best about Marshall and Peavy amps and puts them together in an Australian designed product. The best thing is that it has a separate master volume so you can control feedback (if you're silly enough to just crank all the dials and expect a good sound ).
    mofemobile
    this thing is simply.. BEAST best value for money you'll ever get. got mine 275 NEW as overstocked at the local music store. best 275 ive ever spent.
    bossboy
    yeah this thing fukin owns. but it does brake up at higher volumes but wat can u expect 4 the price. this thing has one of the meanest drives iv ever heard on a solid state amp on the boost channel at low-meduim volumes. obivously it wont even nearly keep up with a high end valve (tube) amp. this thing is great for begginers-intermediate players
    BC-NotsoRich
    Dont get me wrong, when i first got this amp (a few years ago along with my BC rich mockingbird), it was a great start for me. But at 650 bucks new, plus the extra 70 for the footswitch, i would only recomend it to starting guitarists, and i personally wouldnt take it onto a stage because of the sound quality in the higher volumes.
    seph98
    got this for AU$100 second hand today, and I'm already in love with it. the boost channel plays AMAZING, the reverb is pretty sweet too. I play mostly (altern.) rock, and this is perfect. and yeah the feedback can be loud - but that's another thing I love about this amp. my band's just starting out, so it'll do for now with local gigs, but I'd be looking to get a valve amp later on. simply put: great amp, great price, totally worth it for beginner/intermediate
    tlowr4
    american-psycho wrote: this amp is the biggest piece of sh*t ever it gives alot of feedback and its hopeless turn up the treble or bass high and the over all volume goes down THIS AMP SOUNDS HORRIBLE DO NOT BUY IT
    Your a noob noob!
    fruitbandit
    this thing sounds bloody beautiful. just picked it up for $275 second hand and its teh best money ive spent in a long time. blows any of the beginner peavy and marshalls out of the water. sounds bloody amazing with effects in front of it!
    fruitbandit
    i agree with tlowr4. you are an idiot!