VP50H review by Ashton

Ashton: VP50H

I use this amp with the Ashton GQ100 Cabinet, Schecter Omen Extreme and A Gothic SG modded with EMG 81/85 aswell as a Wah pedal, EQ pedal, Pre amp booster, Line 6 Uber Metal and Behringer X V Amp(for delays and wet effects). This amp is incredibly versatile it can play any sort of Genre. I play rock and metal and this amp does those superbly. The amp is not noisy at all on the clean channel but on the dirty channel there is a small amount of noise, which is normal. I can perfectly emulate the sounds in the Live version of In This River by Black Label Society using this amp on the dirty channel in addition to my uber metal. Sounds absolutely great.

I have been playing for close to 5 years now and have owned my fare share of guitars and amps. This amp is a perfect match for me and my musical styles. The only thing I wish I had asked for was the footswitch but none the less it's still a great amp. If it were stolen or lost I would be really disappointed, I would probably buy another one of these seeing as they have dramatically dropped in price or its 100 watt big brother. I love everything about this amp except for the fact it's so damn heavy to carry around! I compared this amp to a few other amps mainly some Behringers and a Fender MH 500. I chose this because it picked up where the MH lacked and that was the clarity of the sound. Now don't get me wrong the MH is a good amp but it sounds too muddy for my tastes, where as this amp is pretty much perfect all round. Great amp I reccomend it to all entry level players looking to buy their first head.

I've gigged with this amp numerous times without a backup and it's never once failed me. This amp has had its fare share of knocks and bumps and all it has to show are a few scratches. It just adds character to the amp in my opinion. This is an incredibly reliable amp and I'd gig without a back up no questions asked.

Taken from the Ashton website: - 50 Watts RMS @ 4, 8 & 16 ohms - High voltage all tube amplifier - Pre-amp valves: 12AX7 - Power-amp valves: EL34 - Hi & low input jacks - Spring reverbs - 2 channel - 3-band EQ (bass, middle, treble) on each channel - Optional footswitch I play anything from Coheed And Cambria to Black Label Society to Hendrix and this amp meets all my musical needs. I use this amp in a church hall that seats 300-500 people and use this amp at around half volume and it gets the job done. The only thing I really wish it came with was the footswitch. Oh and did I mention the master volume goes upto 12!

mp3stalin
    muso_ chris wrote: ashton! aussie brands ftw.
    too true. US and Aussie Products all the way baby