G212H Premier Traditional Cab review by Avatar

Avatar: G212H Premier Traditional Cab

Purchased from: avatarspeakers.com

One of the best cabs that I've ever played through. I've played through a ton of different cabs, and none of them stand up to this monster. I play a lot of hardcore, metal, and straight up rock. This thing has great tone with the open back; cleans are nice and clear and the distortion with the V30's can get really, really heavy or light depending on your taste.

In no way am I over-exaggerating when I say that it really deserves the 10/10, and that I couldn't ask for more with it. I run a 1st series Peavey 5150 through it with Schecter guitars, and the tone I get is just amazing. I've played through ENGL, Mesa, Marshall, any cab you could think of and none of them compare to the overall quality of the Avatar series.

Avatar, no matter which cab model, makes incredibly durable and rugged cabs for a price you can't beat. I wouldn't think twice about gigging with this cab. It's easy to move around, it's not too heavy and bulky. The side handles make it very easy to carry. Sounds great, very durable, just an all around great cab.

Fully customizable cabs. Got mine with black tolex, silver piping, black/silver weave grille, open back, and Celestion V30's. You can get any speaker combo that you want from their selection. They don't make the cab until you order it from their factory. www.avatarspeakers.com

NightBladeXx
    Honestly, I can't remember what prompted me to go with open back. Maybe it was just wanting to try something different, and not go with the universal standard, know what I'm sayin? Avatar sells conversion boards that install within a few turns of a screwdriver, so I knew if I didn't like the tone with an open back I could always fix that.
    Hells.Mascot
    I've heard good things about these. Do you know how they compare to a Cornford open back 2x12?
    NightBladeXx
    @PrgJazzMath: Like I said, I tested out a bunch of cabs before buying. An Orange was one of the ones I played through, and I can honestly say it out does an Orange haha. @Hells.Mascot: I wouldn't know dude, I've never heard of Cornford...
    Grassyknolls
    thanks for the review. i have been looking into getting an avatar cab for a while. i have a peavey 212 valve king that already has an open back so for the extension cab i was thinking about getting the closed back so i have the best of bolth worlds.
    macgregger
    these things are SOLID! you can't go wrong for that price and to be able to put just about any speaker combo you want in it.