AT-100 review by B-52

B-52: AT-100

Purchased from: guitar center

Sounds great. Distortion can get very brutal. No notable noise; not any more than what you'd expect from a tube amp while using no noise gate. Suits us fab.

I've got JCMs, a 6505+, AC30, 3120, Classic 30. A few good solid-states, incl another B-52 head, an LG-100A, a Fender Frontman 212R, Marshall AVT-20. I have a Carvin X100B head, but it hasn't worked since I moved. It's an 80s model I bought around 2002. It must have got jostled a little too much. If it were stolen, I'd consider replacing it, but I have plenty of amps. Great clean, excellent dirt and mid-dirt tones. I use a 4x12 with V-30s, and I have a Peavey Windsor 4x12, which, shockingly, sounds just as good as the V-30-equipped one. Very Brit and "Hendrix-brittle" in the treb and hi-mids. I consider that good. We come from late-70s punk. Ramones, Electric Eels... Also mid-to-late 60s hard rock. Blue Cheer, Cream, Stones, Seeds...

Had it going on 10 years I think. I mentioned the reverb issue, which resolved itself, for now. Sharp looks; I like the styling, the appearance.

I have humbucker and single-coil guitars, all have a good sound from this. Very versatile. Can ape a Dual Rec! Or sound more Marshally. Clean channel is 89% as good as a Twin Reverb. The amp is a steal. I've never turned the amp up past 3 or 4. Original tubes. Eats efx and dirt pedals like a king. For a while, the reverb wasn't working, then one day it was there again. (?). This would be a good amp for the scientists at McMurdo Sound, Antarctica to kill time with when they're off the clock, because this amp is HOTTER than HOLY HELL. I have to leave it alone 5 months out of the year, because I live in west Texas. I've got other good amps.