AT-112 review by B-52

B-52: AT-112

This amp can definately give you whatever sound you want. My guitars are a Squier Stratocaster and a Gibson Les Paul Special II. I mainly use the Treble pickup when I'm playing simply because I like the harsh sound it gives me. This amps sounds suits my style very well. I play a lot of metal and rock. This amp packs a big punch for it's size. I have cranked this amp up and it will make your ears bleed! On the Overdrive channel the sound clarity is perfect until you get above 7 or so on the volume knob (The volume knob goes from 1-10). On the Clean channel the clarity is very good all over. I haven't taken mine past 7 simply because I don't think that it necessary to. The amp is so loud when at that level that it's starts becoming HARMFUL to anyone in the room as well as the amp itself. The overdrive however, is right where most metal players want it. It can give you a little bit or it can give you a little more than you need. I usually keep my gain level at about 8 or 9 which is pretty heavy. This amp gives a lot of variety on which sounds you want to get out of it. I have played from Blues all the way to Death Metal on it.

Overall this amp is a great choice for beginners all the way to some of the best shredders out there. The price on this amp is not bad at all! It suits every style of music I play. I mainly play: Rock, Metal, and any variation of the two. I have been playing for about a year now and I would say that I am at the intermediate level. I bought this amp coming from a Marshall MG solid state amp and WOW what a difference. If this amp was stolen or lost I would definately buy it back. I love everything about this amp except that the emblem did fall off once. I don't know if that is a normal thing with the B-52 series or if it was just carelessness when it was being shipped? I compared it to a couple of amps at the store before I bought the B-52 and the B-52 by far beat the others. I would advise anyone looking for a new amp to buy the B-52 AT-112!

As far as Reliabillity goes, I have never had a problem with it since I bouhgt it new. I have had this amp for quite a while and it has worked like a charm every time I played it. The durability of this amp is good. Everything is put together greatly and the craftsmanship is great as well. I would and will play gigs with just this amp because I know that it is very realiable.

The B-52 AT 112 is a great overall amp. The AT-112 is a tube amp which makes a big difference coming from solid state. I have had my amp setup to sound like the following bands: Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Rammstein, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Rush, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Ozzy Osbourne, Kalmah, Iron Maiden, Korn, Atreyu, Megadeth, ZZ Top, Cacophony, Pantera, Alice Cooper, Slayer, Rush, Kiss, Boston, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Judas Priest, Agalloch, Children Of Bodom, and Anthrax. It sounded great will all of those styles of music. The AT-112 features two channels: Overdrive and Clean. It comes with a 2-position footswitch: channel and reverb. You can control the amount of reverb from the amp. The amp has All-tube preamp/poweramp signal path which I found to be very nice. On the overdrive channel you can control: gain, bass, middle, treble, contour, and volume. On the Clean channnel you can control: bass, middle, treble, and volume. There was only two things that I wish they could have incorporated in the amp. I would have liked to seen Delay and Flanger effects on the amp. As far as the features go this amp is a good buy.