AT-112 review by B-52

B-52: AT-112

I run an LTD MH-100QM and a Schecter Omen 6 into this amp, and they both sound awesome. The omen 6 has a JB in the bridge, so it definitely get's a much better tone, as opposed to the LTD's stock pickups. This amp definitely suits my styles (metal and blues) as both channels do an awesome job. This amp gives off little or no noise at all. It's a tad noisy with my LTD, but I know it's the LTD's fault and not the amp doing it. On the dirty channel, I have the bass at 7, mid at 8, and treble at 6. You can really get whatever tones anyone desires from there. The only knobs I really turn on the dirty side are the distortion and the contour. The distortion goes from a very slight crunch (perfect for rockin' blues) to f--king br00tal, out of control insanely distorted. I usually keep it around 7.5 though. The contour knob is a welcome control as well. Having it at 10 gives you a full midrange crunch. Rolling it back gives you a much more natural sounding scoop as opposed to turning the mid knob. Going over to the clean channel, you get a wide variety of tones. I keep it at a very bright setting, to get a sort of Metallica sounding clean. But if you want, it can get a very warm and lush tone too. The clean channel definitely kicks ass, since it has plenty of headroom. EQ it right and I'm sure it could keep Duncan Blackouts or EMG 81's under taps.

This amp is certainly a good one. It can play just about any style, but I think it's slightly geared towards hard rock and metal. I've been playing for about 3 years now, and this is the best amp I've been blessed with the chance to own. I have no regrets about buying this amp, except maybe looking for a way to have gotten cheaper shipping. If it were stolen/lost, I would definitely buy a new one, since it really seems to be the only amp in this price range that actually does what I want it to do and then some. I really loved everything about this amp. My favorite feature is definitely the entire dirty channel, since it's what you need for teh br00t4lz. I compared this side by side with my Raven RG, and I haven't used the RG since. I don't really think I could ask for anything more with this amp. It's definitely a great buy. It gets my stamp of approval.

The amp is a very durable one so far. I haven't really taken it on the road or anything, but I'm very confident it could hold up. I've never had a single issue with the amp. However, on the foot pedal, the reverb side of it doesn't really work right unless I have the cable bent a certain way. Not a big deal though since I don't often use it. And when I do use the reverb control, it's usually just set at 2 to air things out.

So, to start off, this is definitely a very solid amp. This is a very versatile amp, which is a plus since I tend to favor thrash/death metal (Children Of Bodom, Megadeth) and blues (B.B. King, Robert Johnson). It has 2 channels, dirty and clean. It comes with a foot pedal that has channel switching and a reverb switch. The reverb switch isn't totally necessary but certainly welcome. I guess the only feature one could really desire in this amp is a lead channel, but for $350, you're really starting to get picky, since it's already an awesome amp. As far as power goes, it's 60 watts and honestly, I think it's a little too much. I've never turned it up past 1 in my bedroom.