AT-212 review by B-52

B-52: AT-212

I own a couple different guitars. A modded Ibanez RG470 with a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge, and a Fender Red Lace sensor in the middle. I play mainly hardrock, progressive, and a little bit of metal. I'm also an avid blues player. And gain 1 works really well for the blues, if the gain knob is kept down, but if cranked, can handle the most extreme styles of music. Gain 2 has a little more dirt than gain 1, I use this most of the time. It's got a real warm distortion, and with the tube class A on, it sounds even better. The clean channel is extremely clean, which I love. I don't like amps with clean channels that breakup at high volumes. Just Perfect. The only reason I'm giving this a 9, is because it doesnt't sound as good as my DigiTech GNX4 through the amp. But it's really close.

This amp suites me perfect. In my opinion, this amp will suit any style of music. From Jazz and blues, to rock and metal. I've been playing 4 years, and this is the best amp I've ever played. If it were stolen, I'd for sure buy another one. Everything about this amp is great. I was a bit skeptical to buy this amp because I had never heard of the brand. I'm so glad I did. I think everyone needs to at least play one, and find out for themselves. I'll never buy another brand of amplification.

It's never broken down on me yet, so it seems durable. It's got a footswitch that's built like a tank. So I think it would be safe to use without a backup. It weighs about 80lbs so it might do some damage if it were to tip over, but the amp came with 3" casters to put on the amp, it really makes it easier to get around.

This is the most versatile amp I've ever played. It's a 100 watt all tube combo amp, with 2x12" speakers. It's got 2 different gain channels, with independent EQ's for each. It's also got a contor button and knob, which scoops out the important mids, but doesnt't take all the mids out, it sounds really good. It's also got a clean channel, with independent eq and volume, plus a master volume for the whole amp. It's also got a "low res." knob, that adds a real nice low end to the amp. It's got three different rectifier options, tube A, tube AB1, or solid state. I use this amp in my room and at band practice, but this amp could easily fill a good size venue. This amp is loud.

CkY freak
    I forgot to put. I got a great deal on this amp. The tag price is $750, but I got it down to $680 with tax.
    CkY freak
    And the other guitar I own, is a Fender Deluxe American Strat. Works well with this guitar too.
    kayvman
    i own this amp too - it is ridiculously awesome. ^ like you said, suits any style