BB10 review by B.B. Blaster

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
B.B. Blaster: BB10

Purchased from: Gear 4 Music

I have purchased many guitars since I bought this amp and they have pickups ranging from humbuckers to single coils to dual coils, but the tone and quality of sound goes from bad to worse whatever I use whilst playing with this amp. The amp works best when being used with humbuckers and to be honest it does have a very unique overdriven/distorted sound which can be looked upon as a bonus. On clean it performs to the best, if you are looking for a dull and rather boring sound which if turned up to the max produces a sufficient amount of feedback but on overdrive there is a constant humming whatever guitar you are using and there are other things which cause extra feedback such as lights and use of other electrical equipment within a 3 metre radius. The unique sound I was talking about is a fuzzy/gravelly concoction of distortion, which I rather enjoy when bashing out metal riffs and such.

If I was a forming a unique metal band whose sound could be compared to radio interference I would indeed use this amp to record all of our tracks on. But however since the majority of people Who play the guitar want to actually hear the notes they are playing I would not recommend this amp. I have been playing for 3 years and have purchased other amp so this amp is rarely used. If it were stolen I would mock the thief for not having stolen my pencil case cause it would have been more use to HIM. I do however, as I have said before love the unique sound it produces in distortion mode and the various labels for the knobs which gives endless amounts of amusement to my friends. I hate everything else about this amp. I don't think it is actually possible to compare this amp to anything else on the market. Being my first amplifier I guess it deserves a bit of nostalgic love but apart from that it is going to be used as a foot rest from now on.

One thing I can say which others have also said, is the extreme durability of this amp, it truly will take anything and continue to produce the feedback and the gravelly distortion which I enjoy. I have thrown it from a second story window and it still works, which I have to say is very impressive. I not in my wildest dreams think about using this amp at a gig, it would be embarrassing to say the least. I would however bring it to the gig to set fire to it after the set.

No idea when amp was made. The amp is about as versatile as a book voucher I play rock/punk/blues/metal and it can cope with about half of one of those genres. It has a headphone jack labeled: SHUT-UP, it also has two channels clean | overdrive which can be selected by pressing a red button labeled ZAP?!?! I wish it had knobs which gave productive and usable sounds, because at the moment you have 3 knobs: BEEF, TWEAK and ENJOY. Now deciphering these knobs is quite a task. When using overdrive, TWEAK is tone, ENJOY?!? is volume and BEEF is gain. However when using clean, TWEAK is tone, ENJOY is volume and BEEF is.........well, it doesn't do anything and because of this the TWEAK knob is useless as it gives different tones from dull to very dull. It is a 0 Watt amp with enough power for practicing alone.

jamescc
    the "beef" and "zap" thingsy are so shit....just put the proper names!! i agree with hippy boy