BB10 review by B.B. Blaster

• Reviewer's score: 4.5 Poor
B.B. Blaster: BB10

I play with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Cleans are mediocre at best. You can tune your guitar all you like, but this monstrosity will instantly make it sound out of tune. Nothing special. Distortion is where this thing really takes a nose dive into the abyss. Unless you have gain set to the maximum, there's barely any worth mentioning. It just buzzes pathetically. When the gain is on max, it sounds like somebody farting through a traffic cone. Muddy, incomprehensible noise. Actually, it's noisy no matter what settings you use. This amp is suitable for nothing. It cannot do anything except enrage you.

Overall impression: Rubbish. Worthless. Useless. Pathetic, et cetera. If it were stolen, I'd probably not even notice. Don't bother comparing this to anything else, because everything else on the planet will beat this hands down. Even the sound of somebody vomiting, amplified by the toilet bowl. I got this as part of a starter pack with a cheap and naff Stagg S300. I implore you: Stay away from this God awful atrocity of an amp.

This amp is at it's best when used as a footrest. I would never gig with it, not just because it's a 10 Watt midget. However, it's been dropped, kicked and stood on but it's never broken. This would be, I think, the only redeeming feature of this amp. So, reluctantly, I'll give it a high score in this field.

No idea when this amp was made, but probably sometime during the stone age, judging by the sound it makes. It has four controls: volume, channel switch, gain and tone. But some gimp thought it would be a good idea to name them "Enjoy", "Zap", "Beef" and "Tweak", respectively. There's also a headphone output labelled "Shut Up", and the power Switch is labelled "Juice". Somebody at BB Blaster needs to be shot.

ipudding100
    Personally, I really like the stupid distortion you get on this amp, limited features, sure, but look at Orange Terrors. Another thing I really like about the amp is just how punk it is! You can listen to some over-produced shit on a CD or radio these days, and if I ever found anyone using one of these, it'd be the most awesomely refreshing thing ever. The amp can give off a pretty decent and unique 'no wave' sound. Think Wavves or No Age, even Dinosaur Jr. and Sonic Youth. Currently I'm taking this amp apart and seeing if I can turn it into a pedal for a more powerful amp. Wish me luck.
    33six
    I had this as a starter amp and of course it sucks, it cost less than a round at the bar. But it does do a horrible fuzzy jack white sound pretty well so it's worth keeping around just for fun.