BB10 Review

manufacturer: B.B. Blaster date: 03/09/2012 category: Guitar Amplifiers
B.B. Blaster: BB10
10 watt guitar amplifier, designed with your needs in mind. Feature laden, great sounding, able to adapt to all kinds of music, this amplifier really delivers. Whatever style you choose, it's ready!
 Features: 4.1
 4.5
 5.1
 3.9
 5,148
reviews (8) pictures (2) 16 comments vote for this gear:
BB10 Reviewed by: nariek, on june 18, 2007

Purchased from: Gear 4 Music

Features: No idea when amp was made. The amp is about as versatile as a book voucher I play rock/punk/blues/metal and it can cope with about half of one of those genres. It has a headphone jack labeled: SHUT-UP, it also has two channels clean | overdrive which can be selected by pressing a red button labeled ZAP?!?! I wish it had knobs which gave productive and usable sounds, because at the moment you have 3 knobs: BEEF, TWEAK and ENJOY. Now deciphering these knobs is quite a task. When using overdrive, TWEAK is tone, ENJOY?!? is volume and BEEF is gain. However when using clean, TWEAK is tone, ENJOY is volume and BEEF is.........well, it doesn't do anything and because of this the TWEAK knob is useless as it gives different tones from dull to very dull. It is a 0 Watt amp with enough power for practicing alone. // 5

Sound: I have purchased many guitars since I bought this amp and they have pickups ranging from humbuckers to single coils to dual coils, but the tone and quality of sound goes from bad to worse whatever I use whilst playing with this amp. The amp works best when being used with humbuckers and to be honest it does have a very unique overdriven/distorted sound which can be looked upon as a bonus. On clean it performs to the best, if you are looking for a dull and rather boring sound which if turned up to the max produces a sufficient amount of feedback but on overdrive there is a constant humming whatever guitar you are using and there are other things which cause extra feedback such as lights and use of other electrical equipment within a 3 metre radius. The unique sound I was talking about is a fuzzy/gravelly concoction of distortion, which I rather enjoy when bashing out metal riffs and such. // 6

Reliability & Durability: One thing I can say which others have also said, is the extreme durability of this amp, it truly will take anything and continue to produce the feedback and the gravelly distortion which I enjoy. I have thrown it from a second story window and it still works, which I have to say is very impressive. I not in my wildest dreams think about using this amp at a gig, it would be embarrassing to say the least. I would however bring it to the gig to set fire to it after the set. // 8

Overall Impression: If I was a forming a unique metal band whose sound could be compared to radio interference I would indeed use this amp to record all of our tracks on. But however since the majority of people Who play the guitar want to actually hear the notes they are playing I would not recommend this amp. I have been playing for 3 years and have purchased other amp so this amp is rarely used. If it were stolen I would mock the thief for not having stolen my pencil case cause it would have been more use to HIM. I do however, as I have said before love the unique sound it produces in distortion mode and the various labels for the knobs which gives endless amounts of amusement to my friends. I hate everything else about this amp. I don't think it is actually possible to compare this amp to anything else on the market. Being my first amplifier I guess it deserves a bit of nostalgic love but apart from that it is going to be used as a foot rest from now on. // 6

BB10 Reviewed by: spikewolf123, on march 09, 2012

Purchased from: amazon.co.uk

Features: Very basic includes 'zap', 'enter', 'beef', 'tweak', 'enjoy', 'shut up', and 'juice.' for all of us that don't speak BB Blaster language its got a clean channel a simple overdrive gain tone and volume aswell as headphones which I found usefull. Pretty good for a cheap practise amp which came with an Encore guitar. // 5

Sound: The sound is the same no matter what guitar I use I've used Les Pauls on it Encore Fender and my current Ibanez it all sounds the same with the overdrive channel. The clean channel is okay and can have a slight distortion occasionally. If I could change the sound in anyway I would make the overdrive better. If you turn up the volume the sound becomes horrible. If I use it I'm careful not to ruin the sweet sound from my guitar. // 2

Reliability & Durability: This amp is indestructable I can do anything to it and it still sounds how I got it, sadly, overall though this amp is amazing for this its never broke never changed and is always the same too bad the sound isn't good enough. NEVER GO GIGGING WITH IT THOUGH. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly heavy metal music and for that it does a good job and with the tone you can get an old school black sabbath sound. On the clean channel I can do almost anything but not to a good sound quality. If I lost it or it was stolen I wouldn't bother buying a new one because I know it would be returned as its bad like that. If I use it I only use it for a very unique sound. I can't find another sound like the one that comes out of this. The guitar it came with wasn't all to great noe I've changed it to become better as the fretboard wore away very very fast. But overall its a good starter amp if you are intressed in metal or old school rock/punk. Otherwise its the worlds greatest footstall. // 5

BB10 Reviewed by: cliff_em_all, on september 25, 2005

Purchased from: Got With Kit

Features: Ahh the BB Blaster, my first ever amp, it came with one of those cheapy Encore quitar outfits which lasted a year. I sold the guitar but inside my coubard is the amp. The last time I used this amp was when I compared it to my newest and main amp (Kustom KGA16R) and I must say, it's quite bad. For features you get bare minimal, a distortion button (the dist is quite bad but okay for a small amp) and a main voloume and 3 controls. But then you must remember, this is a beginer amp. So for an beginner amp it's around a 7, for a normal amp 4, I'd go for a 5 then considering both these factors. // 5

Sound: The guitar I used with this was the Encore I got with it, the Encore was quite bad so the sound will be judged on that. The distorion is more grainy than rocking and you can't hear half the notes. But considering alot of begginer amps don't have distortion, this was to be a plus. the sound clean is mediochre, but the best soud takes ages of tweaking with your quitar and amp. I'll give it a 5. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This amp although preety naff, won't die, it's been not used for years, been droppped, bumped and played to death, but sounds the same and hasnan't got any chips, I'm quite surprised so I'll give it a 7. // 7

Overall Impression: Altogether the amp for a person like me, (4 almost 5 years of guitar playing) is no use, but for a begginer who ets it qwith a setup as these are common with begginer set ups, it does the job, I'll give it, a six. // 6

BB10 Reviewed by: Stevie B, on may 08, 2006

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: Has a headphone jack, overdrive setting, tone, distortion and volume controls. This was my first amp and for 10 I'd say was worth the money. It's only 10 Watt so it's good for practicing at home and helps you become a better guitarist because if you suck you can really tell! // 5

Sound: First used with an Encore KC3 which is a bad guitar so all I could play with this is things like Blink 182 and Green Day. Now used with a Vintage VS6 and a Boss MT-2 it actually sounds quite good but thats probably got nothing to do with the amp and more to do with the pedal. It is incredibly noisy at all times, the clean is distorted, the distortion is ridiculous. You have to play everything perfectly for it to sound any good at all which in a way helps you become a better guitarist so its good for beginners. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This thing has been kicked around, dropped, played at insanely high levels and with way too much distortion for its own good and it still sounds the same and doesn't have a single dent in. It would survive a nuclear war. // 10

Overall Impression: I play any kind of rock or metal, from We Are Scientists to Trivium, and this amp can barely manage it. I'm getting a Cube 60 which should be better. I love how cheap it was but I don't think I would get another one because it sounds pretty bad. I didn't compare it to anything else but just got it because its so cheap. Gets a 6 due to the fact it will never break and it was my first amp. // 6

BB10 Reviewed by: epiphoneg310, on september 29, 2006

Features: I think the amp was made in 2005. The style of music I play is metal, rock and punk.this amp struggles to do anything. It has 1 channel and volume, tone and distortion nobs. It also has a headphone jack and a small red button that when pressed in it increases the volume and sound of the amp. I'm a bedroom player so that's were I mostly play on it. I've been playing for about 4 months on an Epiphone G-310 and got this about 7 weeks after I got my guitar. Even though I haven't been playing very long I am very dissapointed in the amp however for 40 quid you can't complain. // 3

Sound: I use an Epiphone G310 with 2 humbuckers. It doesn't suite my music style at all. You could toggle with the few switches it has all day but wouldn't get a difference in sound from this amp. It always has a constant annoying buzzing sound whatever volume is. Clean tone is the same at any volume it just buzzes and makes spitting sounds and you can't realy tell what sound distortion is becawse it's just a noise. // 2

Reliability & Durability: I would never take this to a gig to practice on or play on. When the volume is turned 3/4 of the way up it whistles and makes a spitting sound. I haven't dropped or hit it yet but it looks and feels sturdy. I don't think that it would break if you threw it down a flight of stairs. // 3

Overall Impression: This amp only realy makes one sound and that's bad. It doesnt't suit anything. I wish I would have tested it out first other wise I would have bought a Marshall MG15DFX. If it were lost or stolen I would thank whoever stole it, it's awful. I could only reccomend this amp to a small child who was starting to play to anyone else it's useless. // 3

BB10 Reviewed by: Metalbush, on january 24, 2007

Purchased from: A guy

Features: I have no idea when this amp was made. With this bit of kit you'll be able to make the squikiest noises known to man. The sound is terrible. Now it does have two channels in a sense. The red button on the left-hand side of the amp turns the overdrive on/off. It has three knobs for Gain, Tone, and Volume, pretty simple yeah! It also has aline outfor headphones etc. // 3

Sound: Now there's the deal, you just cannot get a decent sound out of this amp well not with distortion anyway. The clean channel is a basic clean witch isn't bad but in the background there's a hissing sound. Then we've got the distortion channel, noisy, squiky, rubbish! For a beginner he would not think of this any different but I mean come on, once you've had the rest you don't need the worst do you? // 2

Reliability & Durability: This amp for all its other bad features is quite strong. No I kid you not, it seems quite well built, tightly screwed together but then that doesn't make it a good amp does it? I have kicked and thrown this thing about over the last couple of years and it still sounds the same as the day I got it. // 6

Overall Impression: Well for the beginner who hasn't got the penny's this guitar should be OK but after a few months, maybe start thinking to upgrade to a small Marshall or something like that. If it were lost in my kitchen I would not buy another one, in fact I might just put it on freecycle. // 4

BB10 Reviewed by: biffothebear, on december 02, 2008

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: I bought this with a Encore KC3. I play all sorts of different styles such as punk, metal, blues, pop, rock, Indie etc, and I think it's best suited for a really bad blues sound. It has 2 channels. A clean channel and a overdrive channel, which can be activated by pressing a little red button called ZAP. It also has a gain knob, a tone knob, and a volume knob (labelled BEEF, TWEAK & ENJOY - my guitar tutor is the only person I have met Who likes these names). It also has a Headphone jack labeled shut up, I've never used this. I don't gig so this is only used at home. // 4

Sound: I'm currently using a Epiphone Les Paul 100 with humbuckers. This amp has no music style although you can make a barely acceptable blues sound with it. It can be noisy but the clean sound distorts even when it's quiet and you can't hear the notes your playing when playing with the overdrive over half volume. Well I have tried pinch harmonics on it but it makes no noise. I can do them on my friends MG50 but not this amp. // 2

Reliability & Durability: Well I don't gig and even if I did I'd never gig with this. I wouldn't even practice Backstage or perform to any of my family with this amp. Although that said, this is a very durable amp. One of my friends spilt beer on it, my dog went to the toilet on it, and it fell of my mums car, and it has never broken. So it's quite durable. // 10

Overall Impression: Well again I play all sorts of different styles and this is probably the worst amp ever. I've been playing for 2 years and own a Epiphone Les Paul 100 and also the Encore KC3 that came with the amp. I wish I'd asked for a better amp before I bought this amp. If it were stolen I would say good luck to Who ever stole it, in fact I would pay some one to steal it from me, so I would definatly get something better. Well I like it because well I supose it was my first amp... nah I lie I hate the dam thing! I compared it too a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and a Fender frontman. Wish I had bought them frontman. Well my guitar tutor currently has a knife to my throat as he wants me to give it a 6 because he likes the names of the tone and gain knobs. He dosen't like anything else about it just the labels. // 6

BB10 Reviewed by: BeefWellington, on august 25, 2010

Features: No idea when this amp was made, but probably sometime during the stone age, judging by the sound it makes. It has four controls: volume, channel switch, gain and tone. But some gimp thought it would be a good idea to name them "Enjoy", "Zap", "Beef" and "Tweak", respectively. There's also a headphone output labelled "Shut Up", and the power Switch is labelled "Juice". Somebody at BB Blaster needs to be shot. // 3

Sound: I play with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Cleans are mediocre at best. You can tune your guitar all you like, but this monstrosity will instantly make it sound out of tune. Nothing special. Distortion is where this thing really takes a nose dive into the abyss. Unless you have gain set to the maximum, there's barely any worth mentioning. It just buzzes pathetically. When the gain is on max, it sounds like somebody farting through a traffic cone. Muddy, incomprehensible noise. Actually, it's noisy no matter what settings you use. This amp is suitable for nothing. It cannot do anything except enrage you. // 3

Reliability & Durability: This amp is at it's best when used as a footrest. I would never gig with it, not just because it's a 10 Watt midget. However, it's been dropped, kicked and stood on but it's never broken. This would be, I think, the only redeeming feature of this amp. So, reluctantly, I'll give it a high score in this field. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall impression: Rubbish. Worthless. Useless. Pathetic, et cetera. If it were stolen, I'd probably not even notice. Don't bother comparing this to anything else, because everything else on the planet will beat this hands down. Even the sound of somebody vomiting, amplified by the toilet bowl. I got this as part of a starter pack with a cheap and naff Stagg S300. I implore you: Stay away from this God awful atrocity of an amp. // 2

Comments