Blue Devil GX112 review by Behringer

Behringer: Blue Devil GX112

Purchased from: second handed

I use it with a Epiphone SG with Gibson pickups in it. Wich I run trough a Boss compressor, Crybaby, Metal Zone and a old distortion & feedbacker. It is a 60 watt amp but it is not loud at all, on stage I have to put the master between 6 or 8. The distortion on the amp itself is for me worthless, no chrunch at all, it's like an overdrive with no treble, so if you play in a band it won't cut trough, but I have to say it sounds better with humbuckers than singlecoil pickups. In clean channel is only clean and it is good, better to keep the preamp volume low, you have better definition. With the eq you can get allmost every sound you want, but it lacks a bit on clarity, so it's not a good amp for jazz and regea stuff. The digital effects are nice, some of them are very usefull, you can trow in some reverb, delay's, flange, they're nice, but the wah and somekind of distortion modulation are realy useless. The distortion sucks, but what did you expect for a cheap amp. It is better to spend some money on a good pedal.

I'm playing almost 2 years now. This thing is good for rock, bleus and metal. But you'll have to spend money on a decent pedal, than it's a real fine amp. Before I was playin on a Roland Cube15, but needed something louder for the band. So I bought this one second hand. It's a good amp for the price, realy I never been disapointed about it. I realy wish it had a precence or tone control on de dirt channel. But if you want a better distortion I suggest buying a Laney or Marshall combo or something. I'm selling the Behringer now, it has to make room for my new Mesa/Boogie DC-3. Behringer dous not make crap, but nice stuff for a nicer price, give it a 7!

I can depend on this amp, it has never let me down. I heard story's about the floorboard breaking, but I never had any kind of problems with that. It's not the most solid amp, so just be nice to it.

This is a Behringer GX112 Blue Devil 60 watt guitarcombo. It has 2 diverent channels, heaven and hell (clean and dirty). It has volume, Heat (something like distortion) EQ, digital effectbox, Aux volume and master. It comes with a footswich with channel and effect, the amp has headphone and effectloop and some other features I never use. I play rock, bleus and sometimes metal things.

KYLE_2K
    x_themetalfan_x
    KYLE_2K wrote: i work in a guitar store that carries behringer.. i hate this model, i dont like how the 'hell' channel sounds.. 'heaven' channel sounds killer... basically, behringer makes wayyyyy better amps than this particualr model
    True, their stuff seems to be hit or miss, some very good amps but also some very unusable amps (like this one).
    hippieking24
    this amp isn't good at all. it doesn't compare to the killer sound and refined style of marshall amps.
    sloehand
    I have a blue devil and I must say that I am very disapointed with it. I only bought it because it was on sale for 140.00 ,brand new. It was a boxing day blowout.
    FloydFan89
    I have the 30w version of this amp, and it sounds better than this piece of shit