Blue Devil GX112 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Behringer: Blue Devil GX112

Purchased from: Mikes Music

For some odd reason this amp just can't reach those high notes that you wish it could. The thing has great base and stuff but you'll have to use the bridge pickup and turn up the treable on both the guitar and amp to get those special notes. If you have a distortion petal this is your amp there is even an indicator light that comes on w2hen you overdriver the amp. The amp really doesn't have the volume output I thought it would have and at a high volume it will start sounding distorted so don't get to excited I would still go with a high wattage Marshall but lets face it when your poor eveything sound good at the right price. If you try hard enough you can even get the neighbors to call the cops on you.

Overall I would say that this would be a good amp for musician who are still in the songwriting/expirimental stage and not yet doing gigs I would not say this would make a good beginner amp because it has so many features and settings it might scare noobies away but if you are lookin to buy one try it out first with a couple pedals you might want or use because this could ether be a really helpful musical Tool or a big heavy peice of junk. I personally have a Fender strat, Ibanez GSA60, Crybaby Wah, and a DigiTech Distortion Factory that's it I don't need a delay/reverb pedal or phaser cause this amp provides for me though I am going to have to face the fact that eventually I'm going to need somthing better.

I haven't had a problem with the amp so far and it doesn't rattle when you turn up the bass and volume and belive me I've turned this all the way up to the twelve with the bass all the way up using a raised bridge pickup. I have never had a power issue or overheating (even with the "heat" turned up. I wouldent go around dropping it of buildings or take it scuba-diving on the weekends but mine sure has taken a beating because we want to pretend we're Pete Townshend at least once and lets face it we don't want to smash our guitar so yes I'm sure Pete would be proud (if you don't know who Pete is look him up he's the guitarist for The Who).

The amp itself comes with so many usfull channals and settings and while some are just plain crap others can really help you find a really awesome effect. There are some settings that probably will never be used like a "wah/delay" I thought it would be a cool feature but it ended up being garbage or the other one called "guitar-speaker combo" this made it so the amp had an even worse distortion than the default. The distortion on this amp is absolute garbage you might not ever use it because instead of making a cool rock distortion sound it makes a low hissing sound with the "heat" as it's called turned up all the way but fret not young ones it the other features like delay, reverb, phaser, and auto wah will keep you happy till you pick your best friend; a footpedal.