Blue Devil GX112 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Behringer: Blue Devil GX112

Purchased from: GAK

I am using an Epiphone G400 Les Paul Custom through the amplifier. I never really turn it off the clean setting as the distortion sounds horrendous but the clean channel makes some nice sounds. If I play anything with any distortion I put it through my Boss ME-50 FX pedal and the amp works great for that I must admit and 60 watts gives a good volume for gigging.

I have been playing guitar for about 7 years and go through many phases of style. I am currently looking to replace this amp for something with a bit more distortion. When I first got it I loved it but over the couple of years I've had it I have started to realise its flaws more. If you can pick one up cheap and are willing to use a pedal to create distortion I think you'd be pretty happy with this amp or if you want something to play an electro-Acoustic through or just something cleaner then go with this. I think it's also a pretty good starter if you want to have a go with a few effects and things in the privacy of your own home but don't go spending wads of cash on it brand new.

I had one break down a few weeks after I had it. Some internal component fault that stopped it switching on. Sent it back to Behringer and it was returned within about a month I think. It was a pain but they were easy to deal with and covered all costs. Since then I have had no problem with it. Just need to tighten the inputs up every now and again. The amp is heavy though and feels a little fragile so if you're going to be lugging it around a lot I would strongly advise you hold tight. It's also unusually tall I find and can be a little unstable if you knock it due to the weight.

2 channels (Heaven/Hell), The clean channel sounds good and when it's set up right certainly makes a decent enough sound. The "Hell" channel though... Terrible and as good as useless. Comes with a pedal to Switch between channels and turns the effects on and off which is reliable but a little stiff so you need to put a bit of weight into it. One of the big selling points at the time for me was 99 preset effects, don't be attracted by these, I very rarely use anything more than some very simple ones to make the "Hell" channel a little more pleasing.

wing.derringer
    Meggido360 has the right attitude! I've had a couple of these for about 8 years, no problems at all....there are a lot of not so great effects, etc, but if you can't get some decent normal sounds out of it you're not really trying. I use my second one to sing through, w/a little delay, in a small practice setting. Probably wouldn't buy another one given all the choices available, but that doesn't mean anything. I've got a Roland cube 60 that I like too, and it's really not that much different than the Blue Devil, in my hands anyway..
    meggido360
    I really don't know what you people are complaining about! seriously if you think this amp sucks then you are far too picky! I got it for $110 and I think it sounds pretty good. so quit whining about a product that you should have tested before you bought it. couldn't test it? THEN READ THE FRIGGIN' REVIEWS! this is not a high end godlike amp so stop expecting it to be a friggin' Stack amp. Seriously people....
    ryan.n.storm
    I recently got this amp as a gift, I must say I am very pleased with it, although I will be gettin a few pedals for it, just for variety, and a bit more crunch to the fat ass bottom end the amp already has, A very good amp indeed. I can see this being one of my favorites.
    Macejko
    not very good amp if you have average guitar..
    Macejko
    update: pretty shitty amp even when you get a pro guitar. hell channel is a joke, when a plug my guitar into that little headphone vox amp and play through Hifi stero, I got a wall of sound but as soon as I try it through this amp, **** I almost vommit, its so powerless sound. and heaven sounds better but still wont do what you would expect from 6,5 in sound section review...