Slant BG412H review by Behringer

Behringer: Slant BG412H

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I use an Epi SG with '54 Gibson pickups (getting superdistortion in the bridge) with Grover tuners. I play all metal, and this thing is best for it. Extremly loud deep bass (rattles my walls), ear peicing highs, but all can be EQ'ed using an amp equalizer. I use a custom built amp with this (its an SS but getting a Laney VH100R) and it still sounds sick with my current amp. I get my distortion and stuff from Behringer X V-AMP. This thing is brutaly loud! Loudest cab I have ever heard.

As previously mentioned, I play only metal, and this cab is awesome for this genre. Cleans sound bright and have a very nice sense of depth, distortion doesnt soudns muddy, but cuts through very nice. Best bang for the buck! I would compare this to a Marshall 1960A and Mesa cabs. The quality is superb, and I would have paid double as much for this (but I'd rather not) I absolutly love it. I have compred it to Krank cabs and Mesa cabs, and the price is way better than the other ones, and sounds is just as good!

I'm giving this an 8 becuase I don't realy trust the casters (but for 5 bucks go to home depot and get some new ones). I'd play this at a gig definitly without a backup (and also becuase I can't afford a backup). It's very heavy and seems well built, and the metal corners offer extra protection, so I would trust my life with this cab.

Thsi cab was made in early 2005, it has 400 watts power handling capacity. 2 cahnnels, stereo (8 ohms) and mono (16 ohms) 1/16" metal grille, vinyl covering, metal corners, and coems with half-ass casters. Equiped with 4 12" Jensen bugera speakers, each capable of handling 100 W. It weighs a bit less than 110 lbs. Has same speakers as the Carvin Legacy Steve Vai signature cabs do.

scarfacesuit
    i've been looking in to buying one of these with the v-tone 100H head, and i think you got me convinced.
    jimmi322
    thanks for that im thinking of buying one of these with a marshall mg100hdfx
    [B]C [R]ich
    yeah i just bought this thing the gmx 1200H head, bg412H cab and the bg412F cab.. so im rockin the fullstack, and its a pretty kickass amp im almost a lil scared to crank this thing cuz my laney halfstack would rattle everything nicely took me awhile to dial in the tone with my zoom g2.1u but im quite happy with it now but just outta curiosity, how much do you think the head n fullstack would cost new?
    JanB
    i'm running a Peavey 6505+ through the BG412F... i was suprised at the warmness of the tone you can get (at lower volumes)... but i agree, for metal this cab is sweet... with peavey at post gain 5 (out of 10) shit starts falling off my tables
    Sprockets
    I've got the BG412S stereo surround cab, which I'd recommend to anyone. Sounds great with just about any head, but if you've got a head you can operate in stereo this cab will work wonders. You'll be "surrounded" in loud stereo bliss with this thing.