Slant BG412H Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 11/07/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Behringer: Slant BG412H
It combine perfectly to form a classic double stack. It features four custom-made 100-Watt 12" speakers and an easily accessible switch for 16-Ohm mono or 2x8-Ohm stereo operation.
 8.4
 9.3
 7.5
 2,885
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Slant BG412H Reviewed by: Dyaxe666, on november 07, 2005

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Features: Thsi cab was made in early 2005, it has 400 watts power handling capacity. 2 cahnnels, stereo (8 ohms) and mono (16 ohms) 1/16" metal grille, vinyl covering, metal corners, and coems with half-ass casters. Equiped with 4 12" Jensen bugera speakers, each capable of handling 100 W. It weighs a bit less than 110 lbs. Has same speakers as the Carvin Legacy Steve Vai signature cabs do. // 10

Sound: I use an Epi SG with '54 Gibson pickups (getting superdistortion in the bridge) with Grover tuners. I play all metal, and this thing is best for it. Extremly loud deep bass (rattles my walls), ear peicing highs, but all can be EQ'ed using an amp equalizer. I use a custom built amp with this (its an SS but getting a Laney VH100R) and it still sounds sick with my current amp. I get my distortion and stuff from Behringer X V-AMP. This thing is brutaly loud! Loudest cab I have ever heard. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I'm giving this an 8 becuase I don't realy trust the casters (but for 5 bucks go to home depot and get some new ones). I'd play this at a gig definitly without a backup (and also becuase I can't afford a backup). It's very heavy and seems well built, and the metal corners offer extra protection, so I would trust my life with this cab. // 8

Overall Impression: As previously mentioned, I play only metal, and this cab is awesome for this genre. Cleans sound bright and have a very nice sense of depth, distortion doesnt soudns muddy, but cuts through very nice. Best bang for the buck! I would compare this to a Marshall 1960A and Mesa cabs. The quality is superb, and I would have paid double as much for this (but I'd rather not) I absolutly love it. I have compred it to Krank cabs and Mesa cabs, and the price is way better than the other ones, and sounds is just as good! // 10

Comments