Ultrastack BG412V review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Behringer: Ultrastack BG412V

The guitar I used is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with the stock pick ups. This cabinet isn't much to brag about, as it can sound a little tinny on the clean channel of my RM100. And muddy on my distortion channel. It needs to have the speakers broken in with a couple of hours of play, and after that it should do the job. I'm debating whether I should change the speakers or get a new cab all together down the track though, but we'll see how things turn out.

My overall impressions on this cabinet is a hazy one. I like the fact that it doesn't overly colour your tone, but I don't like the tinny-ness and the muddy distortion the speakers can produce. It takes time to overcome this with some precise EQing of the amplifier head that you may use, and being Impatient I'm not one to sit for half an hour or so to find that sound. I'd definitely recommend a speaker change, which should bring out some clarity from this cab, but for bedroom use it's fine.

Unsure about this, haven't been using it for too long. But I'm a little scared after reading a few horror stories. Of course it's still under warranty, so if anything happens I'd like that anything to happen soon. Hopefully I don't have any problems with it, as I'm not one to have much money.

I'm not sure what year this amp was made in, but I'm guessing it's an '07 model as I got mine ordered from the factory. It features the Bugera speakers, which are rated at 50watts each. It's a mono/stereo cab and is rated at 8ohms stereo, or 4 ohms mono. It has wheels on one side of the amp, which I find pointless, as they don't help much. So casters may be needed if you're lugging this around places.