Ultrastack BG412V review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrastack BG412V

I bought this cab back in about 2006-2007 at a local guitar shop. It was supposed to come with the head but the shop owner sold it to me with just the cab and I hooked my old Behringer 2x12 amp to it. I use it with a Peavey Supreme XL solid state head currently and it sound decent. I have had it hooked up to many different heads such as a crate blue voodoo, cheap solid state marshal, and a fender solid state. And it handled them all just fine. I really wanna hear it with a good tube head and really see how it sounds. The handles on the sides are very convenient and the wheels come in handy.

First off this cab definitely has wayyyy too much mid range sound for my taste in sound. It's very bassey and gets muddy with a lot of gain or distortion. I took the back speaker cover off to take away some of the punchiness, pretty much after that I was completely satisfied with its sound. Clean sounds really good on it too, very bright sounding cab. I'm sure it would sound better if I had a nice tube head running through it. I also had crate cab before and this Behringer sounds a lot better than the crate, the crate cab just sounded way too bland and could really nail the tones I was going for.

Like I've said I have had this cab for many years and its a tank, never had a issue with it, and it seems to be built very well. I can carry it around by myself for the most part. Ive never gigged it but have had it cranked up at my buddies house and it took about all 100 watts my head had to give like a champ haha. The vinyl is also very durable, and the mesh on the front hold up great, caught the cats at my old place trying to use it as a scratching post but didn't damage it at all.

I play mostly metal, djent, MeshuggahVolumes, World Under Blood, Death style stuff and rock like CKY and Queens Of The Stone Age and Clutch and it sounds great all around. As well as cleaner stuff like Explosions In The Sky. I recommend it if you are on a budget or doesn't need some fancy Marshall or Mesa Boogie cabinet. It works just fine for me at home playing in my living room. I plan on keeping the cab for a while till I can afford something better like an old 5150 half stack or a nice Marshall JCM.