V-Ampire LX1-112 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Behringer: V-Ampire LX1-112

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

I was using Dimebuckers. It suited my music pretty well until it began to become really unreliable. It starts to get noisy if it is turned up to loud. (when touching high with palm it gives of almost chipmunk sounding squeel)The amp has tons of variety and can be used for almost anything. The clean is beautiful almost like it is an actual acoustic guitar. The distorion will pretty much rape your ears. if you want it that way.

I Play metal and I though this was the perfect amp for a long time. I'v been playing since I was 8 and I'm now 16 so 8 years. I wish I would have saved and just bought a Line 6. because this amp really is not that reliable. If it was stolen I would not buy it again I would buy a new amp for sure. I loved the dist. and clean. but it's the worst Live amp ever. I didn't compare just bought because I needed a new amp.

This is THE MOST unreliable amp I'v ever owned. it was dependable until the cpu began to twack out after about 2 months of use. The amp is unusable, because it is constantly swithing through all of the channels and subchannels. It was reliable at first but not anymore. it's like it almost needs a case just so nothing bad will happen. It's really not that bad sounding but I definitely can't trust it Live or even practing anymore.

My Amp was made in 2003. And it was a great amp which was very very versatile. it had 25 channels with 5 subchannels on each channel. it had about 15 effects and a headphone, aux input+volume, sound output, 4 midi outputs and 2 extra speaker outputs. I wish it would of had a little more power I tried using it Live but it just could not get loud enough.

rv_phoenix
    My love affair with guitars started about 30 years ago. I've played hard rock, progressive, folk, blues, in bands or by myself. During the first 7-8 years, until the fall of Communism in Eastern Europe, I've played on a lot of Eastern European equipment: from the former GDR (very good), Czechoslovakia (good), Poland (acceptable), USSR (good tube amps), Romania (acceptable tube combos and acoustic guitars), even Bulgaria (strange acoustic guitars). But I've never met, in my whole musical life, something as bad as a Behringer. Not even brands with a longer and tighter relationship with China. Some of these brands have average features, but are well built. Others don't last long, but, as long as they last, at least they sound and work fine. Behringer is arguably the only brand on then planet who succeeds to sell products that sound like crap and collapse in 3 months, all at the same time. That's why, when reading reviews who grant a 10 to this monstruous monument of disregard for the customer, I wonder myself: does it worth struggling to achieve, in your performances, the best sound? Does it worth to teach lessons about good and bad equipment? Does it worth to waist your time looking for what's new and writting in specialized magazines about your experiences? This amp - I've tried quite a few - is unusable, due to its enormous hum (coming from the bad power cable and the awful wiring in it), total lack of control, bad potentiometers, crappy speaker and digital effects who only pretend to mimick serious effects and amps. It's built in cheap plywood: played loud, it buzzes like a thousand bees and it trembles like a gelatine. Tone controls are a bad joke, too: above 3, all necessary differences vanish, you get the same cramped sound. Gain? Never heard of it at Behringer's! Clean sound? A motorcycle from the WW II would sound cleaner than Behringer's "clean" tone... And so on. I'm sorry to tell you, fellows, but, if you bought this and rated it above 5, music just isn't for you. Something's wrong with your ears...
    jdov61
    I have the BG 412s 120 w halfstack I practically stole it at a yard sale a year or so ago. paid 170.00 sounds great but very complicated. takes a long time to get used to. I loce it on clean V amp with a little delay and reverb for cleans. I use my exh metal buff on this setting WOW it sounds great on bank 9.