V-Ampire LX1200H review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Ampire LX1200H

Purchased from: American Musical

I use this with all style guitars. Default programs sound best with the Les Paul. Built in noise gate eliminates all the noise and allows your guitar thru with no cut off. This amp has 32 amp models, and 16 cab sims. Also has 5 different output modes. Many common amps are pre programmed in, and you can download and install sound models off the web. Clean is clear at all levels. Distortion is as nasty as you make it.

I play classic and southern rock, amp matches my taste right out of the box. I have been playing 27 years. I also have a Crate GX65, a Sunn Beta Lead, Digitech RP12 and RP14D. Guitars are a LP studio, Memphis Strat, Washburn ES-100, Jackson Warrior, Johnson Acoustic electric. I wish I could have played with this amp before buying it, but no local stores stocked it. I would still have likely purchased it, but its good to compare. If it's lost or stolen, I would buy the same, or better. I love the sound programs right out of the box, no playing around with it for hours. I hate that the effects are not very configurable from the panel. I love the versatility, can play most any sound. I was looking at 3 different amps. Marshall GS100DFX, Crate GX1000, and this. I have never had a love for Marshall amps, the Crate was a lower price. But didn't have the modelling. I wish it were a little easier to program, but with versatility comes complication I guess.

I cannot contribute to this portion. Amp is new, and has 2 year warranty.

Amp is new. Made in Germany. Digital Modeling. Solid state amp and cab simulator. Stereo output 60W, 120W mono. 125 channels of edidable presets. Built in effects. Headphone Jack. Balanced and unbalanced outputs. GLX stereo output. Has good power in stereo mode. Fairly loud. Many features available. Drawback may be that the amp is most useful with a MIDI interface and a computer. This is no problem for me, but may be a problem for others. Also the MIDI pedal board 1010 or similar is a must.