V-Ampire LX1200H review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Ampire LX1200H

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

I mainly play two styles - soothing classical melodies and crazy shred. This amp is perfect for these styles both of which I change between regularly. It sounds very good in large spaces when used with my 4x12 BG412H cabinet. The wide range of channels and amp features allows the user to easily customize the amp to their own preferences. I have also checked out the blues and mild-rock capabilities of the amp and they suit the genre extremely well despite not being widely used in my case. With good speakers, the clean channels do not distort at high volumes and the distortion can be as brutal as the player allows it to be.

Whatever your playing style, I can guarentee that this amp head will have something to suit you and I would recommend it for anybody looking for a first gigging amp.

This amp is still relatively new but has had no problems as of yet. There seems to be no signs of wear or damage and I can confidently use this amp at gigs and small concerts.

This amp head provides every sound you'll ever need with it's complex digital amp and cabinet modelling and effects. There are 32 different amp models and various corresponding cabinet models which can handle the most calming of classical melodies to the heaviest riffs and screaching solos. There are 16 different effects as well as reverb, gain, equalisation and presence. It includes an in-built chromatic tuner and comes with a footswitch. There are 125 amp channels which are all fully programeable which are divided into 25 banks of 5 channels each. This allows the user to hold a huge variety of sounds with very little effort. It delivers 120 watts of power via either mono or stereo outputs and is easily loud enough for amateur concerts and personal use.

jthm_guitarist
    childofbodom14 wrote: i h8 diggital amps they sound so fake and its pointless to use petals
    Don't you mean 'peddles'?
    Pejhman
    I've got one and I like it. Emulates Soldanos, Mesas and Marshalls. Obviously it doesn't sound like them exactly, but you can get some mad sounds out of it. Good for recording type stuff I guess. Saves a bunch of gear. I've had to run it out of a 10W Aria amp through the headphone slot because I'm too cheap to get the cab for it. lol. Built-in tuner, channel changing, etc. You could get a rack version instead and save space though. My main issue is the delay between changing channels/presets. So much to do with it that it becomes frustrating sometimes. I love it though. Good way to learn about different effects too.
    rocketman1010
    hey if you want to avoid delay just get something like a landmine or a seperate distortion pedal. No delay with plenty of distortion.