V-Ampire LX210 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Ampire LX210

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I use this with my custum fat strat and Epi LP-100. I play blues and hard-rock and a couple of it's simulations fit that genre. I would probobly have to say that this is an amp suited more for metal players though. This amp can get feedback when turned up high but it isn't really that bad. I'd say 70% of the effects are crap but that still leaves about 8 or 9 effects. I bought this amp before I messed around with my dad's old 1950's all tube 40 watt cabinet which I now use for my main amp. As I said I now use the Behringer as a backup amp but it does it's job well and is very good for the price range. The 120 watts dosen't seem to project that well but then again I'm probobly comparing it to my tube amp and not to other solid states. Sustain is no where close to the tubes but then again thats probobly how it should be.

This amp is not that great but how can you complain in this price range. I mean a good wah pedal costs 150 bucks and you can get this amp with a good wah effect on it and a 120 watts for only $100 more. If I would have known I could have gotten my old tube amp to work I probobly wouldn't have bought this but I'm stuck with it so it's a decent amp for being as incredibly cheap as it is. Good amp for beginers who want to move past the 15 watt.

I've only had it for 3 months but yeah you can depend on this. There's not a whole lot to go wrong with it cause of the whole solid state thing and all. The particle board or whatever it's made from dosn't feel way sturdy but it dosen't feel unsturdy either.

Amp made in '05 in China, pretty versatile has a lot of built in effects and simulations open back (which is a little anoying for me) this is a digital modeling amp so it has tons of simulations.