V-Ampire LX210 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Ampire LX210

Purchased from: Marks Music

I play my MIM Fender Telecaster through this. Like I said before you can play any style on it. I play ska, metal, punk, buckethead stuff, alternative, funk, and rock and this amp suits it well. It's nice and loud on the Drive channel with the California Drive setting playing at home. You could probably gig with it but not huge crowds. Maybe like clubs. You can spend a day with this amp and still not hear all the different sounds it can make. So much variety in it. You can crank the volume all the way up and the Clean won't be distorted unless you want to get that muddy sound and set the amp setting to American Blues. But you can get this distortion pretty earsplitting with the right effects. I love the sound of my Behringer.

If this amp was stolen, I would buy another. I love all the effects I can create on it and I don't "hate" anything but I'm not a big fan of the digital factor. It was a Vox AD30w and this. I chose this: it's louder, it had more effects and it just seemed more reliable as well as one of the employees recommended it to me. I just think this is a great overall amp and I'm hoping to get a Behringer halfstack in the future.

I would gig with it and not have need for a backup. I don't think the speakers will ever blow out on this. You could play a bass at full volume through it and the speakers would still be as good as new. The knobs however, when broken, cannot be replaced on the spot. You'd have to send it back and get it fixed which is one downfall. Other than that, it's pretty durable.

This Behringer is a great amp. Made in 2006, this amp has everything. You can play basically any style of music from ska to metal. It has 5 channels: drive, MIDI (which is just the regular channel), cabinets, reverb, and noise gate. I tend to keep it to MIDI and drive. I very rarely use the other three. It has about every effect I can hope for. Being a 13 year-old, I just use this amp in my room or to jam with friends. At 60 watts, it has enough power for me. It has a great Tube amp setting on it which saves you 800 bucks. This is one of the most versitle amps I've ever used. It has about 10 or so different kind of amp sounds and drives on it and 10 or so effects. The only thing is that the digital factor of the amp makes it a little confusing but after about a week, you'll have the hang of it.

TheCaptain777
    i have this amp, and i love it. i play alternative/hard rock and metal and i have had no problem getting good distortion out of it, i just tried some different amp models then used the gain booster and it was perfect
    FearBefore
    I used to have a Behringer GX-110 Ultraroc and that too couldn't get the distortion I was looking for. I resolved that problem with an ffects pedal. However, this amp certainly looks good. I'm deffinately going to consider this.
    LordX
    I got a GMX210, similar to this one. Can produce some nice distortion, but prefer a line 6
    jackson action
    daray
    jackson action wrote: i admit this amp is better than a line 6 (no offense) and was worth the 250 bucks i got it for, but for the same price you can get a great metal combo amp without as many effects which you dont probably use anyway like me. my v amp has some volume problem in the pots and i can never get that one distortion tone im looking for. i would give it a three or four at most
    I have the line 6 spider III 75 and it impressed me more than this amp. I'm a metal player and it pretty much has everything that I need. european (Dutch in my case) price = 349
    webbster87
    yo seen one of these thought about buying it but didn't! price was $329 on it! Should i get it!
    Frage66
    I think I'm gonna buy it... But is there a footswitch included in this amp ?