V-Ampire LX210 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Behringer: V-Ampire LX210

Purchased from: Allans Music

I'm using a Les Paul through this amp (the only guitar I use now days) and it doesnt't sound to bad. But it can be hard to find a sound that you really like with some styles. It can be very noisy at times. You will have to crank it up, but when you Switch back to a distortion setting it will be considerably louder and you'll want to turn it down to mix back in with what level you were playing at.

I play old-rock/some metal/anything else and this amp can compensate for most styles, if you know what your doing, and have done the research through the user manual. I've been playing for three years and this is the 3rd amp I've had, and it does own the shit out of the other 2. If it was stolen, I would be pretty pissed, but I wouldn't buy something else. if anything, it would be a great incentive to buy a new amp. I am selling this in the next few days to buy a Vox AD50VT. There isnt anything that I love about this amp, I don't hate everything about it. that said however, there isnt much that would have it standing out from other amps saying "buy me!" except for maybe the price to power ratio and the variety that can be had with it. Favorite features would be all of the ins/outs and the flexibility that can be had with recording with this. I didn't compare it to anything really, except for maybe a quick glance at the smaller model. however I wish I had.

I would not depend on this amp in anyway what so ever. I wouldn't gig with a backup because I wouldn't trust this amp on stage. The plastic knobs on the amp are extremely weak and I have broken a few off (snapped the bar on the inside) also, the input jack snapped off and now the lead will not stay in the jack unless it's basically taped to the front panel. The fake leathery cover is horrible and tears with the slightest scratch.

This amp has a lot of features, such as a amp models and effects. Over all there are 125 different presets available to save your settings in. The 2x12 speakers are loud, but don't a very good sound. Being digital however, it's great for when you want to Switch between presets, because the lvls, FX and amps can all change with the click of a button (or kick on the footswitch) and removes the annoying job of fiddling with everything each time you want to change your sound. The LED's on the knobs are pretty cool, they kind of look like little drops of blood.

fretsonfire74
    Frage66 wrote: I think I'm gonna buy it... But is there a footswitch included in this amp ?
    simonzwaan wrote: I might wnat to get this amp.. anyone use it with a g-400 ?
    yeah it sounds good with it, but mainly for metal. i think this amp is great for cleans and inbuilt effects and the money its worth, its top notch. A+ for value.
    AbstractDeth7X
    I have one. Not bad for the money I suppose. There are a ton of different tonal possibilities, but I haven't found much use for any of them except for the that I use. I've had it for about a year now, haven't had any problems. Sometimes I still wish I went with a Crate of some sort though...
    Death-Speak
    I can attest this amp is better than an MG, the volume isn't quite there, but it doesn't sound like it's indide a cardboard box when you play it.