V-Ampire LX210 Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 12/22/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Behringer: V-Ampire LX210
Think of this modeling amplifier as a set of two 10" Bugera speakers coupled to our famed V-Amp Pro! This affordable solution boasts all of the 32 classic amps, 15 legendary speaker cabinets and 16 studio-quality effects models-plus a 2 x 60-Watt amp driving two Bugera 10" speakers. You get true stereo operation with either internal or external loudspeakers.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.8
 8.3
 8.4
 8.2
 4,866
reviews (6) 15 comments vote for this gear:
V-Ampire LX210 Reviewed by: FlyOn88, on may 08, 2006

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

Features: Amp made in '05 in China, pretty versatile has a lot of built in effects and simulations open back (which is a little anoying for me) this is a digital modeling amp so it has tons of simulations. // 8

Sound: I use this with my custum fat strat and Epi LP-100. I play blues and hard-rock and a couple of it's simulations fit that genre. I would probobly have to say that this is an amp suited more for metal players though. This amp can get feedback when turned up high but it isn't really that bad. I'd say 70% of the effects are crap but that still leaves about 8 or 9 effects. I bought this amp before I messed around with my dad's old 1950's all tube 40 watt cabinet which I now use for my main amp. As I said I now use the Behringer as a backup amp but it does it's job well and is very good for the price range. The 120 watts dosen't seem to project that well but then again I'm probobly comparing it to my tube amp and not to other solid states. Sustain is no where close to the tubes but then again thats probobly how it should be. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've only had it for 3 months but yeah you can depend on this. There's not a whole lot to go wrong with it cause of the whole solid state thing and all. The particle board or whatever it's made from dosn't feel way sturdy but it dosen't feel unsturdy either. // 8

Overall Impression: This amp is not that great but how can you complain in this price range. I mean a good wah pedal costs 150 bucks and you can get this amp with a good wah effect on it and a 120 watts for only $100 more. If I would have known I could have gotten my old tube amp to work I probobly wouldn't have bought this but I'm stuck with it so it's a decent amp for being as incredibly cheap as it is. Good amp for beginers who want to move past the 15 watt. // 7

V-Ampire LX210 Reviewed by: Meowordie, on november 05, 2008

Features: This amp has tons of different effects, there is echo, delays, chorus, delay + chorus, flanger, "ping pong", rotary speaker, Auto Wah, a compressor, phaser, and tremolo. And you can tap tempo how fast the echo and stuff is. This amp had two 60w speakers and it pretty big for what I paid and I would probably play Live with this. It's a solid state amp but it has a tube setting. There are also five channels that you can set and Switch with a pedal footswitch that comes with it. // 10

Sound: I use three single coil pickups, also I play blues, classic rock, some modern rock, and other types. the chorus is really good, the distortion isn't very good but I have a distortion pedal, the auto way is decent, the flanger and phaser are good. the clean channel is good. you can make loudness with this amp. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would use this with out a back up it is pretty strait. it hasn't broken down or anything. it doesn't need and servicing because there are no tubes but it does have a tube setting I'm not sure how close it sounds to a real tube amp but it's decent and overall it's a really durable amp and I don't think it would break too easily. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great amp it sounds great and the effects are good and you can play just about anything with it. I have been playing about 4 years now. I would buy it again after going to the police and trying to get it back if someone stole it. the only thing I don't like about it is the distortion is really low and you can't hear it too good. I compared it to a lot of things and this is like the best I could find for the price // 10

V-Ampire LX210 Reviewed by: teenguitargod, on may 09, 2006

Features: I don't know wat the year is. It is perfect because it has over 125 effect possibilities. Something like 25 channels, with easy channel switching and effect loops and headphone jack as well as extra amp jacks. I use all of the features. I use this amp for practice, doing gigs, and everywhere else that calls for a good amp. It has plenty of power. I mean the volume less than a quarter way up shakes the floor. // 10

Sound: I use an '05 Epiphone Les Paul Custom with this amp w/ the stock pickups. It suits my music perfect, which is basically anything rockish. Oh, its noisy when you want it to be, but quiet when you have the headphones in the jack (which I highly reccomend for practice). If you can think of the effect, it has it, it even has different kinds of clean and distortion settings and you can mix effect together and stuff like that. The distortion is Crushing on this amp the way I have it, but you can change everything about the sound of the distortion so it fits your style. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can definetely rely on this amp and use it in a gig without a backup. I have had it for about a year and use it for maybe 3 hours a day and it has never broken down or lost any quality at all. // 10

Overall Impression: Perfect match for music. Only flaws are that it takes a bit longer than a normal amp to Switch channels and effects and that its pretty heavy (especially carrying up stairs, trust me). There really is no comparison to this amp because it is noy just an amp, it's a computer (/amp). // 9

V-Ampire LX210 Reviewed by: ImNotSmart, on august 10, 2007

Purchased from: Marks Music

Features: This Behringer is a great amp. Made in 2006, this amp has everything. You can play basically any style of music from ska to metal. It has 5 channels: drive, MIDI (which is just the regular channel), cabinets, reverb, and noise gate. I tend to keep it to MIDI and drive. I very rarely use the other three. It has about every effect I can hope for. Being a 13 year-old, I just use this amp in my room or to jam with friends. At 60 watts, it has enough power for me. It has a great Tube amp setting on it which saves you 800 bucks. This is one of the most versitle amps I've ever used. It has about 10 or so different kind of amp sounds and drives on it and 10 or so effects. The only thing is that the digital factor of the amp makes it a little confusing but after about a week, you'll have the hang of it. // 8

Sound: I play my MIM Fender Telecaster through this. Like I said before you can play any style on it. I play ska, metal, punk, buckethead stuff, alternative, funk, and rock and this amp suits it well. It's nice and loud on the Drive channel with the California Drive setting playing at home. You could probably gig with it but not huge crowds. Maybe like clubs. You can spend a day with this amp and still not hear all the different sounds it can make. So much variety in it. You can crank the volume all the way up and the Clean won't be distorted unless you want to get that muddy sound and set the amp setting to American Blues. But you can get this distortion pretty earsplitting with the right effects. I love the sound of my Behringer. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would gig with it and not have need for a backup. I don't think the speakers will ever blow out on this. You could play a bass at full volume through it and the speakers would still be as good as new. The knobs however, when broken, cannot be replaced on the spot. You'd have to send it back and get it fixed which is one downfall. Other than that, it's pretty durable. // 7

Overall Impression: If this amp was stolen, I would buy another. I love all the effects I can create on it and I don't "hate" anything but I'm not a big fan of the digital factor. It was a Vox AD30w and this. I chose this: it's louder, it had more effects and it just seemed more reliable as well as one of the employees recommended it to me. I just think this is a great overall amp and I'm hoping to get a Behringer halfstack in the future. // 8

V-Ampire LX210 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 31, 2008

Purchased from: Allans Music

Features: This amp has a lot of features, such as a amp models and effects. Over all there are 125 different presets available to save your settings in. The 2x12 speakers are loud, but don't a very good sound. Being digital however, it's great for when you want to Switch between presets, because the lvls, FX and amps can all change with the click of a button (or kick on the footswitch) and removes the annoying job of fiddling with everything each time you want to change your sound. The LED's on the knobs are pretty cool, they kind of look like little drops of blood. // 8

Sound: I'm using a Les Paul through this amp (the only guitar I use now days) and it doesnt't sound to bad. But it can be hard to find a sound that you really like with some styles. It can be very noisy at times. You will have to crank it up, but when you Switch back to a distortion setting it will be considerably louder and you'll want to turn it down to mix back in with what level you were playing at. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I would not depend on this amp in anyway what so ever. I wouldn't gig with a backup because I wouldn't trust this amp on stage. The plastic knobs on the amp are extremely weak and I have broken a few off (snapped the bar on the inside) also, the input jack snapped off and now the lead will not stay in the jack unless it's basically taped to the front panel. The fake leathery cover is horrible and tears with the slightest scratch. // 2

Overall Impression: I play old-rock/some metal/anything else and this amp can compensate for most styles, if you know what your doing, and have done the research through the user manual. I've been playing for three years and this is the 3rd amp I've had, and it does own the shit out of the other 2. If it was stolen, I would be pretty pissed, but I wouldn't buy something else. if anything, it would be a great incentive to buy a new amp. I am selling this in the next few days to buy a Vox AD50VT. There isnt anything that I love about this amp, I don't hate everything about it. that said however, there isnt much that would have it standing out from other amps saying "buy me!" except for maybe the price to power ratio and the variety that can be had with it. Favorite features would be all of the ins/outs and the flexibility that can be had with recording with this. I didn't compare it to anything really, except for maybe a quick glance at the smaller model. however I wish I had. // 5

V-Ampire LX210 Reviewed by: Campbell2893, on december 22, 2008

Price paid: A$ 395

Purchased from: Drum Power

Features: I am not completely sure what year the amp was made but it was only in the last couple of years. It is the most versatile amp I have ever seen in my life ( that isnt saying there aren't better amps out there). It has 32 amp models 16 effects and you can edit everything to your preferences. It has 125 different presets in it's memory bank, a built in chromatic tuner and 2 60w speakers. I don't wish it had any different features than it already has because it has so much especially considering how cheap it was. I only got it recently and I wouldn't be able to name the things I don't use but what is important is that none of it is done badly. When you consider how much is in it for the price you are bound to not use some of it but it is still there if you ever do and the quantity doesnt't't affect the quality. // 10

Sound: I am using an Ibanez with this amp to play all sorts of rock: heavy, punk, Indie etc etc and I think it covers all of these well. It isnt too noisy because you can control it yourself, you choose the volume as you make the preset so everything matches perfectly. It makes an incredible range of sounds the distortion are great and the clean settings are great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Being the person I am I would take a backup if it was the best amp in the world because you never know what could happen but I in no way think you would have problems Live with this amp. It even comes with a foot Switch to change settings and play songs through which I would trust Live. I have not had it long so I can't really comment but it all seems well constructed and nothing would happen to it if you keep it in good condition... hell it even has a 1 year warranty. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of rock and this amp just does the job. peop[le say crap about how loud the ddistortion settings are blah blah blah but clearly none of those people have read the manual and how to adjust everything. I have not been playing long. I own a crappy strat rip off and a decent 0 Watt amp but I have been researching my products for a while trying to get the best at the lowest price. and I came up with an Ibanez RG170 and this amp and they are both great. I would reccommend this amp to anyone. If it were stolen or lost I would be devastated and I would definitely get another one I think it craps all over the Vox valvetronix range which I was previously looking at. // 10

Comments