V-Tone GM108 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Behringer: V-Tone GM108

Purchased from: Parsons Music Centre

I'm currently using an Ibanez RG450LTD with H-S-H pickups and in my opinion, it only sounds good on clean, which means the distortion I get from this amp purely sucks. The best distortion tone I could get from this amp wouldn't even match an early deep purple tone which is a big shame, as I play mostly Metallica, Children Of Bodom, Evanescence and Guns N' Roses kind of stuff. What's even worse, is that even when the 'distortion' is switched on, I get a lot of feedback, even though I have humbucker pickups on my Ibanez, making this amp far from bad.

I play mostly metal, nu-metal and hard rock and this is definately not a good match, in fact this amp is purely useless when it comes to producing good tones which I really want but this amp simply can't do the right job. I'm going to definately buy a new amplifier soon that will 'actually' sustain a distortion pedal which won't screw up the sound coming out of the amplifier.

Never in a million years would I depend on this amp for a gig and the word 'backup' wouldn't even exist with the new amp I'm planning to get which is going to sustain my effect pedal because after using my mt-2 metal on this amp, I totally screwed to sound up even more for some reason, because I thought that this amp, in fact all amps, were made to handle such effect pedals but not in this case. In fact, within the first week of using my effect pedal on this amp, it screwed up the sound coming out of the amp making the distortion tone on this amp seem like it didn't exist in the first place because it was just a worthless tone.

I'm not really sure when this amp was built but I guess it doesn't really matter when it comes to quality. Speaking of quality, this was the worst amp I have ever puchased due to the distortion tones and the other 27 other 'classic' tones that are just utterly useless. The only tone that this amp can handle would probably be the clean tone which is a very rare tone I use because I mostly play metal, hard rock, nu-metal and other types of music that don't require clean tones so often. The amp is probably rather loud, even when's the master volume is at 3, my ears start to hurt, but the clean sound will hardly ever be loud enough, even when it's at 5. On the other hand, it's an o. k amp for beginners.