V-Tone GM108 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Behringer: V-Tone GM108

Purchased from: Local Guitar Store

I can say that the clean is quite reasonable for this little thing. It does produce a crapload of noise at high levels but it is extremely quiet with the drive down so that's a downside. I quite like the UK setting on it, especially when I run this through my Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. The distortion is a joke however, no sustain at all, palm muting sounds awful. If you like metal/rock, get yourself an effect pedal if you are on this low of a budget, otherwise get yourself a valve-state amp.

This amp is reasonable if you want a tough little stuff around amp. An effect pedal is essential for a decent distortion sound so perhaps a hard rocker may want to seriously consider avoiding this amp unless you can get it very cheap. I wouldn't buy this again because I recently aquired my new Roland Cube 60 which is god compared to the GM108. I would however recommend this to a true beginner. It's cheap and durable and can get a newbie started on their way to stardom.

If there is one thing to be proud of with this amp, its how much crap it can take. I always play this amp above seven at full drive and I've been doing this for over a year. Obviously you would be laughed at for even thinking this thing will be heard over drums so gigging is a non-issue. Seriously though this thing is tough as a brick shithouse.

15w solid state amp/8" speaker. 27 different settings from ultra clean to heavy crunch. CD input so you can jam along to your favourite music. Headphone output so you can play as loud as you like without bugging anyone. Since I use this amp to practise on in my bedroom, it's fantastic to lug around the house and because it is seriously tiny and weighs nothing it's very easy to stuff into a school bad if you want to take it travelling.

Eric 666
    man this ****er....i use to have one, it was my first amp, it was actually really cool, you can get some sweeeeet pinch harmonics out of this thing....