V-Tone GM108 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GM108

Purchased from: Surrey Music Store

I'm using a Tanglewood strat copy through this and it sounds great, with the modelling you can get very precise tones. The clean tones are clean at all sound levels (even though you can't get it very loud on clean), the hi gain distortion is a 'not over the top' distortion sound which is what I like while the 'hot' is very distorted. Now the modelling, With this you can choose what amp you want it sound like, there is Californian (a great crisp sound), British (a more 'rock' sound), Tweed (quite bassy, I think it sounds like you've shut the amp in a cupboard and closed the door). The next set of 3 options is clean (you guessed it, a clean sound), Hi gain (an overdriven sound) and hot (A really overdriven sound) and the last is the type of speaker you want it to sound like there's U. S (sounds like a 2 x 12" open-back speaker), U. K (sounds much like the U. S if I'm honest but a tiny bit more bassy) and flat (sounds like UK but quieter).

If this were lost or stolen I would buy it again. It is a very versatile amp which can give alot of different sounds and for 70 it's great value for money! I had the choice of other amps as well but chose this because of the variety of sounds I could get from it.

This amp hasn't broken on me yet and looks like it can take a lot. I could depend on it at a gig but it may not be loud enough for a gig to be honest but I wouldn't need backup.

This 15w amp has analogue modelling which can give you '27 classic tones', headphone jack and a CD input jack. I play mainly rock, and this amp fits it pretty well. You can get some good tones using the modelling (I'll explain this later), it has a lovely clean tone and can create some quite godd distortion. The 8" sspeaker can really throw out some loud sounds, I use this amp in my bedroom and I rarely turn the master volume above 1!

Cliff_Hetfield
    I think everyone can agree with me when I say jeremy_chan sounds like a whiny little thirteen year old preppy bastard prick. All he does is complain and bitch...like a bitch. Anyways Metal is alright, sometimes. Nu-Metal sucks, and Hard Rock is alright. I don't know what Metallica he's talking about but if he's calling Kill 'Em All, hard rock, or metal, I swear I will just somehow find him and slap him. Like beezleboo said try out the amp first! If you don't like it, try another amp until you find what's right for ya. And well take a listen to Muse, Radiohead, and RHCP you'll find they're MUCH better than nu-Metal. MUCH better.
    ds2obsessor
    dont bash jeremy, beezlebozo is a dick! and this amp suck for any style of music. behringer sucks, and this amp is onyl good for complete NOOBS
    -=JB=-
    i use this amp for playing metal when im just at home and it sounds great for me, so i dunno what ur on bout jeremy chan
    nmendies
    This amplifier got blown up because it couldnt cope with too much overdrive so I wouldnt really reccomend it, plus the distortion is really bad.
    OttovanZanten
    black_sabbath85, i agree only one thing NEVERRRRR buy a ****ing MG15DFX, it sucks ass, i think this behringer is better then the MG15DFX, i bought it, SHIT, but playing thru a metal-stompbox it sounds pretty good =)
    beezlebozo
    This is with regards to jeremy chan and to any other t**t who likes to play "metal, nu metal and hard rock". that kind of music sucks, listen to music that is actually good. For all those people who will say "just 'cause you don't like that type of music doesn't mean we should change our taste in music" yes it does, buy buying their products you are allowing these corporate w****s to keep f*****g putting out the most god awful music known to man! At least some rap music is good: run-dmc (mc hammer is just laughable). However people who make metal and nu-metal are just craving for attention 'cause they have no talent. By the way, about this amp, test it out before you buy it, that way you don't waste any money on stuff you're just going to shout about over the internet saying it is s**t. For all those people who have given up on metal and nu-metal, here are some recomendations: RHCP, Radiohead, Kings Of Leon, Muse, Stone Roses, Supergrass, Tenacious D for christs sake! Sorry about the blasphemy, but just so you know, Christianity, and any other religion for that matter, are f*****g stupid. Smoochie Boochies!