V-Tone GM108 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GM108

Purchased from: Jenning's Music

I'm playing this through a Michael Kelly Patriot Q, which is really what makes this map Shine. This little amp can do great clean tones, and the overdrive/distortion is pretty good too. I play a lot of Blues/Rock and sometimes a little Metal, and this amp can pretty much work for it all. The cleans were a little tough to adjust at first, but once I figured out how to make it work well, I can play clean, and pretty loud too. When you turn up the Drive, amp, mode, and speaker switches, this sucker can put out a lot of noise, but feedback is a big issue. No problem for me, just get a noise gate.

I was surprised when I first received this (it came in a guitar/amp pack, but at Jenning's, they gave me a Johnson electric rather than the Behringer elecric). I figured this little amp would be useless, but as I never had enough money to fork out for anything better, I gave it a shot, and It's worked very well for me. I've compared the distortion on this amp with an Ibanez Tone Blaster half stack, and this little guy sounds so much better. I do sometimes wish it had multiple channels, but I don't think any 15 watt amps have more than one. Overall, I love this little amp, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's starting out on guitar, or eve an intermediate player.

This thing has suffered through multiple band practices and 3 gigs (along with leaving it at friend's houses, stowing it in his car, etc). It's pretty durable I think, but I've been pretty good with it. After maxing out the volume and everything else on it, it still sounds great to me. Haven't blown a speaker or anything.

The GM108 is just a simple 15 watt practice amp. No effects, and only 1 channel, but man this baby can growl. It's got multiple amp models and, of course, 3 band EQ built in. I wish it had delay or some form of reverb on it, but, for the price, it's a great amp anyway.