V-Tone GM108 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GM108

This amp has tons of settings. You can find pretty much any sound you want with it. I'll describe the different features I mentioned above now The AMP settings CALIF(ornian) The user's manual describes this the best, it says, "Lead and hot rhythms sounds are what you get with this setting. This is the amp for that typical Nu Metal Californian sound." It's the heaviest sounding amp setting. British, this amp setting gives a British Invasion sound. It stresses the mids a lot. Tweed is the cleanest amp setting with as the manual says "dynamic bass and clear transparence." Hot is really distorted with lots of sustain. Hi Gain can be crunchy or distorted, kinda in between hot and clean. Clean is just that, clean. it has no distortion. I'm gonna quote the manual again to describe the speaker settings because I can't do it any better. Flat "specially tailored for the GM108" as the name says, this one's kinda flat sounding. Three times three times three equals 27, so with all the switches it has 27 different sounds and dials to mess with the Drive and highs, mids, and lows. I feel it's a very good practice amp with tons of versatility. You can get anything from extremely heavy to really soft and clean sounds. one main problem I have with it though is that the Drive affects the overall volume a lot, so that the more you turn down the Drive, the more you have to turn up the volume to keep the same level.

I play all different kinds of music, and this fits all of em. I didn't have anything to do with buying it as my parents got it for me for christmas, and even though they didn't really know what they were doing they did pretty good. It sounds like they got a lot of help when picking it out. I don't know how much it cost exactly but they said it wasn't too bad. It's not perfect, I wish it had some cool effects like you'd get from a processor, but it's pretty good for a beginner or just as a practice amp.

It's pretty reliable from what I can tell. I've had it about a year now and I've had no problems with it messing up. The only thing is that when it's turned up really loud, like 7 or so on the volume with as much distortion you can get out of it is starts to rattle a little bit, like the whole thing is shaking, because it's so small it's literally dancin around on the floor. But this hasn't messed with it's performance any. It sounds as good as the day I got it and I've treated it pretty badly, dropped it, set heavey stuff on top of it, etc. it's pretty sturdy.

This amp has tons of cool settings. it has a Drive knob to add or take away distortion, A Switch to give it different classic amp sounds includes calif (ornian), british, and tweed. Then there's the mode Switch to change the basic sound chosen with the amp Switch. it pretty much changes the distortion, its three settings are hot, hi gain, and clean. then there's the speaker switch which has three loudspeaker simulations, US, UK, and flat. then it has the low knob, the mid knob, and the HIGH knob. and of course, master which is the master volume control (oh yea, it comes with a power Switch, which is handy for those odd times when you actually want to turn your amp off) aside from the instrument input it also has CD input, so that you can play along with a CD. and the coolest is the headphones output for when you don't want to bug anybody else. This is also good for plugging it into pretty much anything else. I use it mostly to record stuff on my computer. the only problem with this is that I had to buy an adapter for it because it needs a 1/4" connector.