V-Tone GM108 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GM108

Price paid: € 99

Purchased from: Power-Sound

I wish it had better (more brutal) distorted metal sounds, but it does give a nice tone to my guitars (Ibanez XPT700 & ESP LTD M-50). I'd rather use it for rock than metal. I've managed to get nice sounds out of my GM108 to play along with Black Sabbath, My Dying Bride, Nirvana and some other bands. There is a surprising amount of variation in tones, when you go through all the knobs and switches. Unfortunately, there is also some noise. I never tried the GM108 at very high volumes, so I can't tell if it still sounds good loud.

The GM108 is a good match with some of The Music styles I play, mainly with some 70's rock and metal, and some British pop music. If mine was stolen or lost, I wouldn't get it again. I'd save my money for Vox VT50 or maybe even VT100. Simply for the better speaker and larger variety of sounds. I like the ease of use and controls, but I dislike the metal sounds (or rather, not having them). I ordered it via the internet, so I didn't do any comparison by ear with other, similar products. The price was a strong selling point. I wish it had a foot pedal, some effects and better metal sounds.

Obviously this is not an amplifier to use for live playing. It never broke or had any issues at home use, though. Overall, the product seems pretty solid and long-lasting - at least for home use. I think it's still better suited for beginners, like many of the Behringer products.

My GM108 was made in 2009 and has a 8" speaker, 15 W power, CD input and headphone jacks and some tone controllers to get various clean & distorted sounds out of it. Since I use a separate effects pedal, this amp has pretty much all I need. Some integrated effects would be nice, still, as well as a larger speaker. But for the price paid, you can't really expect everything. You can get enough volume out of this little box to Drive your neighbors out of their apartments, though.

metallicaden
    Hi, Im just wondering, is there any possible way to plug two guitars into this amp. I have a brother who plays guitar and wants to plug his guitar in my amp at the same time. If there is anyway, could you please tell me the easiest and cheapest way
    aloysiusdb
    Reading through some reviews which give this amp a bad rating, it would seem unwise to use effect pedals with this amp since it is a modelling amp and it is known that modelling amps do not work well with some effect pedals. Also it would seem misplaced to expect it to sound good when played loud since it is a small amp intended to be used for practicing at bedroom levels of sound...better would be to go for a bigger amp if one wants loudness is'nt it?. how does it sound when playing blues rock such as robin trower (bridge of signs), jimi hendrix ( voodoo chile blues) where there are no powercords ( a la acdc blacksabbath etc) but rather colorful pentatonic licks. Also what is the difference between 'dark wave' and metal???
    Hitsu123
    This one is my first amp! I think it sounds good, but I wouldn't know. I've never really played on a top-of-the-line amp or anything and I've only been playing for a few months now. Bought it at a pawn shop and it works great. I doubt I'll be playing for people so it should do fine!