V-Tone GM108 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GM108

Purchased from: A local store in Romania

I usually have 2 types of rig choices in my house: Cort Ts250 plugged in a wah and then in the Behringer, and the second one is a Jay Turser JT-220D Serpent plugged in a Marshall MS-2. I use the Cort and the Behringer when I want to play some hard licks and stuff, but I play blues and softer types of music using the 2nd setup. The amp can reach a wide variety of sounds, thanks to the speaker and amp settings listed above. I can reach the desired sound of whatever guitarist I want to. Ex: for AC/DC I use UK, Tweed, HiGain, the EQ cranked up (all set to 10) and Drive-5.

I am happy I bought it (as my first guitar amp) because I like how it sounds (for the money, of course) and I never got problems, like the ones you get from the tube amps. If it was stolen/lost I would not buy it again, just because I would want to save for a better and bigger one. My wishlist: If I were to have much money, I would buy a Marshall JCM 900 (they're not that expensive, take a look and Google it) or a Fender '65 Twin Reverb. If I were to have less money I'd buy a Fender Frontman 212R or a Vox Valvetronix.

Like most of the amps people keep home, it has no scratch on it, and because it is a solid state amp, there aren't any tube problems. As you know, Behringer is the cheaper version of Bugera amps, that is why on the back of the speaker in says Bugera, so if you are willing to buy some Bugera amps, know that it is not more than a $100 Behringer, but with a bigger and more beautiful case, and probably more buttons :D. The only problem I had was that one day I was "playing" with my soldering iron and left it over the amp's power supply cable. Note that I never unplug it from the socket. :D

This amp is good enough to play some hard stuff, but it sucks at clean tones.It features quite a lot of functions such as three amp models (Calif, British, Tweed), 3 channels(Clean, HiGain, Hot) and 3 speaker settings (UK, US, Flat).As well as a 3 band EQ. It has a headphone input, a CD player (for jamming along a backing track), and an input for the instrument (oh, well).It is not tube, nor "100% solid state", but a modellng amp, but it can be considered a kind of solid state. I use it for practice, as I don't have any other more powerful amp:D.

mas789
    til I looked at the draft ov $7328, I accept that my best friend was like they say actualy receiving money part-time on their computer.. there aunts neighbour haz done this for only nineteen months and just repayed the dept on there villa and got a new Volkswagen Golf GTI. go to, Great70dotcom