V-Tone GM110 Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 01/26/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Behringer: V-Tone GM110
Behringer's first analog modeling amp is bound to become a staple for guitarists of all musical styles, whether for practice, warm-up, rehearsal or recording. It's also a natural for recording studios and engineers that like to have their own personal arsenal of amps to ensure optimal results no matter what the band brings along.
 9.4
 9.1
 9.7
 3,678
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
V-Tone GM110 Reviewed by: Rabid--Mutt91, on november 13, 2006

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: This is a pretty dang good practice and home jam amp. It's got 3 Gain Settings, 3 Speaker Settings, and 3 AMP settings. Each can be selected with a push of a Switch. Has 5 knobs: LOW, MID, HIGH, Drive, and MASTER. It's pretty damned LOUD! It;s a 30w amp with a 10" JENSEN speaker. DYNAMIZER circuitry makes it sounds Tube-like. It's a great lil amp. I havent even tapped into what it can really do. I havent even turned it up all the way. It has an Effects Loop (In/Out plugs)for Effects Processors, A Ground Lift Switch, a speaker plug for connecting an External speaker(like a cabnet or PA speaker), a Headphone plug, and a D.I. Out (XLR) plug. These or local on the back of the amp. Comes with manual, power cable, a sticker to put on your guitar, and a warranty card. Amps Emulations: Tweed - clear, clean, and bassy. Good for classic sounds. Good for Eric Clapton songs. British - clear, crisp, clean. Nice and loud for Beatles or power rock sounds Calif (Ornian) - clean, clear, crisp and this adds some bass to it. Great for Metallica style music. Also Godsmack too. Modes (Gains): Clean - gives a pure clean sound. Good for Clapton and stuff. HI Gain - gives it a little boost. Makes it stand out more. Hot - this makes it stand out. It makes it Tubescreamer like. Gives it hot gain. I use this the most. Speaker selections: U.K - this simulates a 4x12" cab. Gives it lots of gain and clear sound. U.S. - simulates 2x12" cab. More quieter than U.K. More bassy soundin. Flat - special to the amp. Makes it flat, and normal. Real bassy and quiet. Turn the Highs up and the volume and its pretty dang good. For a good overdrive try: Drive-10, Low-4, Mid-7, High-10, Master-5 (in typical room), and set it on: Amp-Bristish, Mode - HOT, Speaker - U.K. // 10

Sound: It makes a pretty good sound. I'm using it with an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 with stock parts. Had this guitar for 3 years, and I've never cleaned it, so it's in bad shape, but this amp makes it sound amazing. Overdrive, and Distortion are great. Low bass sounds to high screams, it's all good on this thang. If your looking for a Metal thrash sound, then you can get it on this to a point, but not too well. You'll need to buy a pedal to get that sound. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on this amp totaly! If I wanna go Live sound, all I gotta do is buy a Y splitter for the Speaker plug (so I can plug in 2 cabs) and plug the cabs in and I'm all set. it's never given me any problems. Had it for months now, and it's runnin fine. Leather construction, and metal grill. it's very good for the price. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a very good starter and practice amp. I don't use stompboxes or Digi Effects yet, and it already sounds good. Lots of ways to shape the sound, and it makes a crappy guitar like mine sound good. So try pairing it up with a Gibson Les Paul Standard and it will blow your mind away (and your eardrums. It's really loud for just a 10" speaker amp). Oh, one more thing. This is quite heavy. Thick leather and wood construction with metal on the inside. Yea, it's heavy. Luckly, it comes with a Handle. I would definantly buy this practice amp again! // 10

V-Tone GM110 Reviewed by: dschuler36, on january 26, 2007

Purchased from: Musicians Friend.com

Features: It has 9 different channels that you can switch through. It does have a headphone jack in the back of the amp. I wish this amp had some effects on it, but unfortunately it doesn't. I was shocked by the amount of power this baby has. I am in a small band and play at talent shows etc. with this and it definitely has enough power. You might be able use this at medium sized gigs probably if you want to. It is a very versatile amp that can produce many sounds. // 8

Sound: This amp fits great with all types of music. I play punk, rock, and a little metal and it sounds great for all types. It goes from heavy distortion without a pedal, to a nice clean sound. Some times on heavy distortion, though, you will always be able to hear this loud fuzzy noise (it can get pretty annoying). // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have never had any difficulty with this amp. I think it is 100% durable and long lasting. It has never broken down. I would use this amp on a gig if a bigger one Busted. This could even by my regular amp for a gig it is so powerful. I can definently always depend on this amp, since it has never had one thing wrong with it. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp fits well with all types of music. I use an Epiphone Les Paul with it and it sounds great. I love how this amp can go from heavy distortion to a great clean sound. If this amp broke, I would most likely by the same amp. This amp can produce an extremely powerful sound, so buy this and get more bang for your buck. // 8

Comments