V-Tone GMX110 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 3.5 Poor
Behringer: V-Tone GMX110

Purchased from: Docom Electronics

I curently use a Harley Benon guitar to play on it but the sound that come's out of my amp is s--t. On the clean channel has almost no background noise but on the drive channel, that's another story. It's really noisy on the drive channel. When I'm not playing I can hear that iritating sound wery loud and it's increasing proportionaly with the volume. The sounds that the amp are not wery various. The effecs tend to repeat themselves. Some effect have no meanning at all or they don't work like the compressor for example. The clean channel is pretty "clean" even at high volumes. The dirtortion on the amp is zero, I'm very ugly, that's why I use a multy-effect processor.

For my style of music this amp definitely is not the one for me. I'm playing guitar for 3 years know and this is my first amp. I didn't ask somebody about the amp which was a big mistake. If it was stolen/lost God be with it, I would never buy another Behringer amp. Never. What to love - nothing. What to hate - everything. My favorite feature is the clean channel. I wouldn't compare this amp to another amp because this amp is the worst ever I tried. All the others I've tried at my friend's sounded alot better than this. I wish I never bought this amp. The thing is I can't sell it because it's expensive (I live in Romania). If you want an amp to waste you're money, time and brain cels then buy this one.

I used this amp on a gig. It performed pretty great. But it broke down a month after that gig. It broke down in the middle of an rehearsal whit my band. It took a month to repair. I was very angry. In overall the amp worked 3 month's after I bought it.

The amp was brand new when I bought it. I play hard rock, classic rock and classic metal and it's kinda easy to use but the overall sound sucks. It has 2 channels, one for clean and one for drive, 99 preseted effecs, but most effecs repeat witch is wery anoying. I'm curently playing it at home where power is not recomended (I had some complayns from my neighbours) but when I used it at rehersals it could easily cover some Tama drums.

mark-do
    I play blues to Korn
    how can u play korn with a strat they use 7 strings.
    caughtinamosh
    mark-do wrote: I play blues to Korn how can u play korn with a strat they use 7 strings.
    wow, did you even read the review?