V-Tone GMX110 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX110

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

Great sound from each channel and effect. The clean channel gets rediculously loud but only gets distorted the slightest bit at the highest level. Although the effects are really neat, the LFO notch filter gets annoying after a little bit, so don't over-do it. On clean, there is no background noise at all but on distortion, there is an audiable hum. The distortion is great. You can get almost any tone from it. Feedback is rediculous if you get your guitar too close to the amp and high volumes, but the feedback still sounds kinda cool. I use a Schecter Omen-6 on this (with the stock pickups) and it works well. The Schecter is a great guitar overall and this amp really suits it. The best part about this amp is that you can mimic Jimi Hendrix's tone of Purple Haze perfectly. All in all, great sounding amp.

I've been playing for 2 years now and it suits me very well. My only other amp before this was a shitty little Epiphone amp and this amp destroys it. If it were lost or stolen, I'd kill the person Who stole it, and take it back. I will never play my old amp again because it would just be pointless. My favorite feature on this amp has to be the wah/delay effect and the "magic drive". The sound you get out of it is so cool. The only thing I wish it had was control over the effects. If I could use the footpedal with the wah effect like you normally would with a wah, this would be the perfect amp. Still, this amp is definatly amazing and I will be happy for a long time to come.

For the reliability & durability of this amp, I haven't had it too long, but it's a beast. It wieghs close to 50lbs and looks very solid. the back is a little too open for comfort but it seems like it could take a good beating or two. Because I still have to screw with it more, I can only give it an 8.

This amp is the 2004 model V.1. It has 99 effect models/MIDI effects and comes with 2 channels, Clean and Drive. Each channel can be set to use different effects so changing from clean to Drive with different effects is very easy. It came with a foot Switch that can change the channel and turn the effect that is set on and off. The clean channel bypasses all the amp modelling sets but the effects can be used on it. The Drive channel has 3 amp models (calif, british, tweed), 3 modes (clean, hi gain, hot) and 3 Speaker models (US, UK, flat) which work very nicely. The tone you get out of it is spectacular. For a modelling amp, it sounds very realistic. There are too many effects to explain, but each one has it's own unique sound and gives you almost unlimited possibilities in your playing. The "magic drive" is a really neat effect pre-built into the amp. I play every style of music there is and it covers each one very nicely. This is best used as a practice amp because of it's size, but if you were to have a small enough gig (school show or something of the sort), you could get away with using it, it's very loud for it's size.

catate
    I've been playing for 55years, so I've been thru lots of amps Fender, Gibson, Ampeg, Peavey, Silvertone, Marshall,Crate and everything in between. I don't need a 2-12 combo or half stack anymore because we run everything into the P.A. That being said I bought this because all I use it for is my monitor and it is light weight and easy to hall around. We do blues, classic rock, and a little country. This amp does everything I need it to do and more. Thank you Behringer !!!!!
    Hatred454
    This is a nice little amp for home practice, or using it with line out....amps are on their way out...too many great amp modeling pedals(Line 6 HD500) to be lugging that crap around anymore, and better control over stage volume..that's right guitarist's! No more stacks to blow our heads off...use the pro sound system
    KEAT
    lol theses amps are rubiish ,if your looking in on buying one dont they are useless they are quiet wen full blast and on full volume they scream in pain .the amp is not made for gigs if makes a horrible sound wen on and basicly is cheapo if you looking for a decent amp just buy a fender princeon 65 they are like 199.00 maybe more if dsp. anyway the amp,well the main power plug get hot wen being used like a normal amp and the 99 efects are just for people to think its a good amp, they are cheap effects and the amp i would rate 4/10 personally i would rather stick to a real amp e.g marshall,fender,mesa boogie,randall,vox.what can all give a good tone and if an amp cant make an ac/dc tone like this behringer its crap
    n2dablue
    saittam2007, yes, there is a headphone jack in the back. This has got to be the best feature. I don't like the sound of this amp. I mainly use it late at night to practice (with headphones) so I don't disturb the sleeping. Get a tube amp
    fc89konkari
    the guy who made the first review of the amp is a douchebag, he doesnt know anything... no, the amp isnt the best in the world and compared to a bugera eg. its #2. by far. BUT its a great starters amp and Ive played for soon to be 4 years and its pretty good. The noise is myth is crap, if you know how to use the EQ of an amp, youd be free of the sound even if you want to play with a drummer. If your getting sound and you can use the EQ, maby your near a computer or other possible electronics. If im like 1m of a computer or closer I only get an extra sound if I FACE the computer. If you still get sound its your pickups... live with it or cheez man, go buy a new guitar/pups...
    fc89konkari
    its a definate buy, if your a starter or maby an intermediate, but most intermediates go for something else. For the price, its awesome. If it was stolen and I wouldnt be too rich id buy it again but tbh, atm im saving for a new one, Im improving and I need a new amp. Not that this ones bad... But Kirk Hammett doesnt play his first amp? yeah big gigs, but not for practise, no.
    oregonmike
    Great practice amp.Bought used.Clean/Drive Channels.Enough flexibility.Critics here probably haven't spent much time with it recording.You can stereo out the signal in the back,or send it to a larger amp,or use an extension speaker.If you play with some HS Metal heads with Triple Rectifiers who think their tube tone is awesome,and noone else can hear anything anyway,then this amp won't work for you. I use it for recording,practice and small church worship team,and it's 1 10" sounds great. A flexible amp.Not for tube snobs.I own an all tube combo,and yes tubes have that certain sound,but when everyone is playing loud,I seriously doubt you would say,"Wait a minute! I hear a fake modelling amp in the mix! That sounds like crap!" ha ha. Anyway...tuner works well,and it mutes signal during.Headphones cancel speaker. I'd replace it if ever lost.Oh it weighs 25 pounds,but still seems built fine.30+ years playing fusion/hard rock/blues/folk/tasteful metal.