V-Tone GMX110 Review

3,753
reviews (3) 10 comments vote for this gear:
V-Tone GMX110 Reviewed by: Devon_555, on december 26, 2006

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

Features: This amp is the 2004 model V.1. It has 99 effect models/MIDI effects and comes with 2 channels, Clean and Drive. Each channel can be set to use different effects so changing from clean to Drive with different effects is very easy. It came with a foot Switch that can change the channel and turn the effect that is set on and off. The clean channel bypasses all the amp modelling sets but the effects can be used on it. The Drive channel has 3 amp models (calif, british, tweed), 3 modes (clean, hi gain, hot) and 3 Speaker models (US, UK, flat) which work very nicely. The tone you get out of it is spectacular. For a modelling amp, it sounds very realistic. There are too many effects to explain, but each one has it's own unique sound and gives you almost unlimited possibilities in your playing. The "magic drive" is a really neat effect pre-built into the amp. I play every style of music there is and it covers each one very nicely. This is best used as a practice amp because of it's size, but if you were to have a small enough gig (school show or something of the sort), you could get away with using it, it's very loud for it's size. // 9

Sound: Great sound from each channel and effect. The clean channel gets rediculously loud but only gets distorted the slightest bit at the highest level. Although the effects are really neat, the LFO notch filter gets annoying after a little bit, so don't over-do it. On clean, there is no background noise at all but on distortion, there is an audiable hum. The distortion is great. You can get almost any tone from it. Feedback is rediculous if you get your guitar too close to the amp and high volumes, but the feedback still sounds kinda cool. I use a Schecter Omen-6 on this (with the stock pickups) and it works well. The Schecter is a great guitar overall and this amp really suits it. The best part about this amp is that you can mimic Jimi Hendrix's tone of Purple Haze perfectly. All in all, great sounding amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: For the reliability & durability of this amp, I haven't had it too long, but it's a beast. It wieghs close to 50lbs and looks very solid. the back is a little too open for comfort but it seems like it could take a good beating or two. Because I still have to screw with it more, I can only give it an 8. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 2 years now and it suits me very well. My only other amp before this was a shitty little Epiphone amp and this amp destroys it. If it were lost or stolen, I'd kill the person Who stole it, and take it back. I will never play my old amp again because it would just be pointless. My favorite feature on this amp has to be the wah/delay effect and the "magic drive". The sound you get out of it is so cool. The only thing I wish it had was control over the effects. If I could use the footpedal with the wah effect like you normally would with a wah, this would be the perfect amp. Still, this amp is definatly amazing and I will be happy for a long time to come. // 10

V-Tone GMX110 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 09, 2005

Features: The V-Tone GMX110 is the most compact of the GMX series of analog modeling guitar combos with internal effects and tuner. It is a 2-channel guitar amplifier with 30 Watts and a 10" Jensen/Bugera speaker. Here, too, you get 27 possible modeling sound combinations. With its clean channel and the full-featured modeling channel you get every sound you need, from clean to crunch to super-fat distortion. The ultra-flexible FXT function allows independent effects settings on each channel, while the patented Dynamizer circuitry captures every nuance of your playing and lends tube-like compression to your tone. The 24-bit stereo multi-effects processor with world-class effects such as chorus, flanging, phasing, rotary, auto-wah, echo, delay, compressor and various effect combinations has 99 user presets and MIDI control. // 10

Sound: My Strat is a standard 3 single coil Strat, but I just bought a set of Fender Hot Noiseless pickups, they sound great with this amp. I also have Ibanez RG7321 It goes pretty well with the amp also. You can play anything on the GMX110, I play blues to Korn so this amp suites my style very well. This amp is not very noisy at all, but it can get pretty loud for a small amp. The clean channels sounds amazing, the modeling channel is were you can switch up the distortion & overdrive and also add effects, there are 99 effects on the processor, but some of them are quite useless. The Distortion can range from late '60s overdrive tone, to "nu-metal" tone. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I would say that this a great solid amp for anybody, anyplaying style. I bought this amp to to save money for more gear, but I was not expecting for it to sound so good & have such good features. // 10

V-Tone GMX110 Reviewed by: ekune26, on september 01, 2005

Purchased from: Docom Electronics

Features: The amp was brand new when I bought it. I play hard rock, classic rock and classic metal and it's kinda easy to use but the overall sound sucks. It has 2 channels, one for clean and one for drive, 99 preseted effecs, but most effecs repeat witch is wery anoying. I'm curently playing it at home where power is not recomended (I had some complayns from my neighbours) but when I used it at rehersals it could easily cover some Tama drums. // 6

Sound: I curently use a Harley Benon guitar to play on it but the sound that come's out of my amp is s--t. On the clean channel has almost no background noise but on the drive channel, that's another story. It's really noisy on the drive channel. When I'm not playing I can hear that iritating sound wery loud and it's increasing proportionaly with the volume. The sounds that the amp are not wery various. The effecs tend to repeat themselves. Some effect have no meanning at all or they don't work like the compressor for example. The clean channel is pretty "clean" even at high volumes. The dirtortion on the amp is zero, I'm very ugly, that's why I use a multy-effect processor. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I used this amp on a gig. It performed pretty great. But it broke down a month after that gig. It broke down in the middle of an rehearsal whit my band. It took a month to repair. I was very angry. In overall the amp worked 3 month's after I bought it. // 2

Overall Impression: For my style of music this amp definitely is not the one for me. I'm playing guitar for 3 years know and this is my first amp. I didn't ask somebody about the amp which was a big mistake. If it was stolen/lost God be with it, I would never buy another Behringer amp. Never. What to love - nothing. What to hate - everything. My favorite feature is the clean channel. I wouldn't compare this amp to another amp because this amp is the worst ever I tried. All the others I've tried at my friend's sounded alot better than this. I wish I never bought this amp. The thing is I can't sell it because it's expensive (I live in Romania). If you want an amp to waste you're money, time and brain cels then buy this one. // 2

Comments