V-Tone GMX210 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX210

Purchased from: Billy Hyde's Music

I just use a Squier Strat at the moment but am moving up to an Epiphone SG-400. The sound is great although it dosn't have as much presence as I would like it to. It almost doesnt come out of the amp as much, but when you turn it up loud you don't notice it's lack of presence. When this amp is on 4 or 5 volume it is loud enough to be able to play at a gig. I was very surprised with its amount of power. The clean channel stays really clean on high volume provided you don't have the gain on 10 for that channel. The amp can make a really bassy fat distortion sound with the right settings and a really nice clean and also a slightly distorted soft rock sound. The key is to play around with it for an hour or two, you are bound to find a setting that suits you. Although the amp on its own can get some great distortion sounds I have considered buying a distortion pedal. I feel that it could be a bit more "face melting" so I have considered it. I don't think I will go through with it because the distortion is still brutal on the amp.

This amps features beat all of the amps in its price range. It suits all my music style and I can compare it to the Line 6 Spider and say that they are almost equal but have different areas in which each has better qualities. I would buy this amp again if it got lost or stolen but seriously, it weighs 10 kilos, and I dunno if anyone would be bothered to carry that down my stairs.

I cannot really tell whether I can depend on it yet (I've only had it for a few weeks). I still play it alot about 1 or 2 hours every night (every chance I get) and the quality hasn't deterorated or anything like that. Just write down your favourite settings otherwise you are tempeted to look for more and you forget your favourites!

The V-Tone GMX210 is the middle-sized offering among the new V-Tone analog modeling stereo amps, featuring 2 x 30 Watts and two 10" Jensen/Bugera speakers with two channels, internal effects and tuner. This powerful guitar workstation boasts authentic V-Tone analog modeling for 3 classic guitar amps, 3 speaker simulation models plus 3 gain modes?all individually selectable per channel. There are two independent, full-featured modeling channels offering everything you need from clean to crunch to super-fat distortion sounds. The ultra-flexible FXT function allows independent effects settings on each channel. Our patented Dynamizer circuitry captures every nuance of your playing and lends tube-like compression to your tone. The integrated tuner is controllable via footswitch. The amp is certainly versitile for all styles of music. I play mostly metal. Pantera, System Of A Down, Ozzy, and I little bit of punk but since I got this amp it makes me want to play more metal. I use this amp in my room and it blasts, plenty of power.