V-Tone GMX210 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX210

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

I am currently using a Fender Strat (professionally set up, sounds almost like an American) with the amp. It sounds nice, npt the ideal metal guitar, but it sounds freat through the amp on distortion, and I assume that it can only get better with higher quality guitars or guitars suited to metal. The clean channel isnt great and is just a waste of time. The amp has variety, but I wouldn't recomment getting it unless you are mainly into playing heavier music, hard rock and metal. The distortion, as I said earlier, is great. You can get many different types of distortion sounds.

The reason I purchased this amp was mainly for the cost. If I could, I would get a higher priced amp in the 30 watt range. There are no other amps even close to the sound and quality of this one in this price range, at a recommended retail price of $305 AU. I love the distorion, it's just great and suits my playing perfectly. I have been playing for 2 years now, and upon upgrading to this amp, I find it is much easier to play into, i.e. tapping is much easier and pull-off/ons sound great.

As I've had it for only a week now, I can't really comment on this.

Upgrading from my Fender 15 watt amp, the GMX210 is a beast. The sterio amp is super user friendly and east to get used to. After playing around with the settings for about an hour, I got a nice impression of the sounds I could get from it, and found my perfect tone. I play hard rock/metal, and the distortion is fantastic. Amp comes with a small, dodgy foot Switch to change channels and activate the effects, but very poorly. I suggest you buy another like I did. It has 2 channels, but it can sometimes be a difficult task making them both at the same volume, and you are sometimes left switching channels to find the clean indistinguishably low and the dirty very loud. You can get many different sounds, from a nice fat distorted tone, to a punchy, more attacky distortion. It has 99 built in effects, which aren't great and I can't say I use them alot, but these are just extras, and they are better than nothing in the end. The clean channel is not great, but is ok. This amp is mainly for use with heavy distortion.