V-Tone GMX210 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX210

Purchased from: Gear4music

I'm using a Fender strat copy at the moment on it and it sounds great, it suits my music style great with the extremely good distortion, doesnt't do clean as well though but you can still play clean stuff like jazz chords well enough on this amp. The distortion rules it s great for heavy metal so I would say if you like heavy metal, punk and that this amp is the right one. The FX have a great variety with delay, wah, standard reverb, stage and concert settings for gigs, and much more. THe sound doesnt't produce any unwanted suprises and it plays like a dream, but the I wish the clean was a bit better but for distortion there isnt better you definately won't need a Krank or distortion pedal with this amp.

I play punk rock and metal and rock so the distortion suits me awesome I've had this for about 3 months and no prolems and it still fun I play it everday for about 2-3 hours I don't own any other gear apart frm my guitar and amp but I can still play a huge range of stuff especially with the fx processor. I love the effects and the sound and tone I don't lke the fact it's so f--king heavy though hard to take out for stuff.

When I first got the amp it had to be taken because of a dodgy conection but after that it has been fine with no upsets, I would use this at a gig with no back up and om sure it would be fine but I guess that will have to be put to the test first. It gets a 7 because it had to be taken back once but apart from that fine.

This amp has two indepependant channels, a 24 bit fx processor with 99 presets, a built in tuner, midi control, footswitch, 3 seperate gain speaker and clean modes. On top of all that it, it has all the usual stuff like headphones socket, slave in and out and a seperate volume for the in/out so you can play a backing through it luder or quieter than your guitar. IT is 30w and I use it mainly in my bedroom to practice but sometimes for mini-gigs, it has an awesome sound quality with practically no feedback and is easy to use. It goes loud enough beleive me. I upgraded from a 15w heap of crap so this was a huge step us and it was worth every penny of 140.

LordX
    There are so many distortion sounds you can produce with the GMX210. I'm currently using: Drive 2-3 AMP British Mode Hi Gain Speaker UK Low 6 Mid 2 High 3 Present 94 (Crunch - @99) With my Les Paul Custom. I can get a nice punk rock sound from this. Although as low as the DRIVE is (2.5), it could be lower.