V-Tone GMX210 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX210

Purchased from: www.bidorbuy.co.za

I use either my Ibanez RG-series or Washburn acoustic. I would really love to put a strat or les paul through it to see what it has got, as a feel my Ibanez lacks big time on the high notes... e and b strings 12 and up really don't sound to good, but this is a guitar problem not the amp... when jamming metal, thrash and punk chords the amp riffs it does sound awesome and if you tweak the amp to the correct settings for the song it really does sound like the original. The patented* DYNAMIZER circuitry captures every nuance of your playing and lends tube-like compression to your tone. The amp handles the acoustic superbly I think it probably is the best amp I have ever heard for an acoustic.

For me this amp works very well, capable of making your ears bleed or playing quietly in the living room. The only thing I don't really like is the that knobs are plastic and don't have a nice feel like the marshal amps. It is good for gigging and practice. It also has a host of plugs on the back for slave in, tape in/out(stereo RCA's) AUX in, headphones, insert Send and receive as well as midi.

it is tough as nails... mine has got some nicks and tears in the vinyl but other wise this guy will go everywhere... I have even had it outside in a fine drizzle with no problems... I once broke a jack of inside, but could easily enough get in there and fetch it out... the plug is a little loose now but all still works well.

The amp was made in july 2004, ft. True Analog Modeling 2 x 30-Watt Stereo Guitar Amp with 2 Independent Channels, each Featuring 27 Modeled Sounds, FX Processor, Tuner and MIDI Control. I play punk, metal, thrash, blues and acoustic through it. using either my Ibanez RG-series or Washburn acoustic. It has 99 preset effects which can be modified to suit your tastes. you can store a diffent efect on each of it's two channels. Most users I have spoken to agree that the best feature on these model amps is the amp, mode and speaker settings giving you the option on each channel for tweed, british or calif. amp sounds; clean, hi-gain or hot Drive modes and flat uk and us speaker settings... this really lets you get the sound you are looking for... using these setting and some of the preset effect you can even generate a very decent valve sound. The integrated tuner is controllable via footswitch. I unfortunately Live in a block of flats so I don't get to crank it up much (it sounds great still on low settings, unlike other amps I have used), however when it does get out, it really can scream, at no stage of twisting that volume dial do you feel like it will break or blow the two quality Italian built original heavy-duty 10" JENSEN / Bugera guitar speakers. This amp brings the German and Italian design and perfectionism harmoniously together.

randy.perreault
    I have had this amp for years now... The input jack is cheaply made and will constantly come loose if this amp is used at all. It does offer a lot of features for the price though. I have noticed that this amp does not stand up very well to constant use and gigging in smaller venues. The reliability/durability of this amp seems to decline steadily over the span of a few years. Now that I have had the amp for at least 7 years the amp now will not switch channels anymore, and the effects processor does not work very well anymore. I mean, it is coming to the point where the amp is not playable. Overall it is cheaply made and would be ok as a starter practice amp.The actual tone and effects of this amp are pretty decent. They are not amazing by any means, but they get the job done and don't sound cheap. My guitars sound good through this amp even without the effects turned on. The eq's work fairly well, but when switching channels, but when doing so there is a noticeable lag. This amp would work well enough in a recording studio on during some other type of recording session such as home recording because of all of its ins/outs. As mentioned before the tone and effects will get the job done well enough.I bought this model because I also have a Behringer BX1200 bass amp that I had primarily used for practicing and small venue playing when I played my bass. I was hoping that the GMX210 would be like my bass amp... fairly solid and reliable even though that one is nothing special either. This was simply not the case when coming to the GMX210 though. In the end if this amp was stolen from me I would certainly not buy another. I would recommend looking into other amps first before going with this one, or its 12" version (the GMX 212).
    LasseFJ
    The connector for the guitar input jack came loose. The amp was easy to disasemble and now I can see that there is a 4 pinned tower where the jack is inserted. Does anyone know where I can buy this "jack-in-tower"? http://imgur.com/a/oLeUo#0