V-Tone GMX212 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX212

Purchased from: Bavas Music City

My guitar is a Samick Greg Bennett Interceptor, which I love, and has SSH, so I can shred on it, and the amp copes wonderfully. I play mainly classic rock, sometimes some metal, a range of other stuff, and it's great for that. My guitars neck single coil is noisy, so I don't think it's the amp, but when using the humbucker, there is no noise what'soever unless I lean my guitar against the amp. It can play anything from blues to metal and is like I said before, it's not real great on the cleans. The distortion has great crunch behind it, unlike a lot of other cheaper amps I've played through, the distortion is really weak, this is far and away the best amp for it's price range.

When I first saw this amp, I thought holy crap, it looks way bigger than it did on the net, which I was happy about, because I get more Drive for less money. I was 100% happy with my purchase, it was on special, usually something like $500, so I was stoked. it's hard to lose an amp, so I don't think there's any risk of that happening, and in someone trying to steal it? they wouldn't be able to get far, I weighed it because I wanted to know how heavy it was exactly, and it was 24 kilograms, it weighs a tonne, which is no problem because I don't take it far. Just to gigs, and then it's from the house to the car, then from the car to the gig, it only travels about 50 metres a time. I've compared it to my friends Marshall, and it comes really close, I'd go as far as to say it matches it. I chose it because it was a cheap amp with plenty of power, and I was happy with my choice. If I could wish something, it's that it wasn't a Behringer, it deserves the respect of another amp.

I can always depend on it, I've had it for a few months and it hasn't given me any need to even take the manual out of the plastic, it's great. it's solid as a rock, never looks or feels like breaking or even chipping, haven't torn the vinyl on the outside or anything yet. Being a solid state amp, tubes don't need replacing or anything, so overall, very low maintenance amp and will last for years without touching any of the setup. I wouldn't ever need a backup.

This is a great amp with plenty of power behind it. It has 2 x 12" speakers with 60W coming from each of them. It has 2 channels, but not one clean and one overdrive. Just 2 channels. So in consequence, I can't get a loud clean with out just a little distortion, but sometimes this small amount of distortion can be a good touch. The HI gain setting with a UK speaker is much like a Marshall on overdrive, so real crunchy distortion, but still clear. The "hot" setting has heaps of distortion, great for metal and crazy fast solos. If you're playing a bigger gig, it has 2 jacks for another speaker, or can plug into a PA system, so overall, very versatile, and as far a solid state amps go, it's great.

davegrohljr
    I bought this amp brand new. I played it for 7 days, and one of the speakers blew! I was NOT playing it too loud. I was NOT impressed. I got a refund, but I'm unhappy about the whole thing.
    Mr.Blue
    I bought this a couple of years ago and it still rocks. The only thing I don't like about it is the effects loop especially with a Scream Demon. The sound loses something when I engage the pedal. Still a great amp.