V-Tone GMX212 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX212

Price paid: C$ 150

Purchased from: Dude in Cali

I use a Jackson DK2 with Duncan Designed Pick-Ups and it howls, I couldn't imagine it with a DimeBucker or something like that. It suits my style of playing very well (metal) and is versatile enough to get a great clean sound. This amp can make a whole variety of sounds with the effects that are built in and I haven't nearly explored them all. The clean channel is never distorted at the settings that I have it on (send me a message if you can't get a good clean sound). The distortion can be as brutal as you want it to be, or as sublte as you want it to be. This is an extremely versatile amp.

I play metal and this amp suits it perfectly. I've been playing enough to be equivalent probably to 2 years and this suits it perfectly. If this amp were stolen I'd buy this or maybe something higher end, but only because I'm getting better and having more stage time, not because of it's quality. I love the fact that it easily switches between channels with the foot pedal and has a built in tuner. I hate nothing about it. I've compared it to peavys and krates and this surpasses them by far, only thing I wish it had is song/band presets, but I can fine tune to those myself.

I would bet my life on this amp, I have never needed a back-up on stage and can't afford a back up anyway. It has never broken down and has never been serviced, it sounds Brand New.

2007 amp, got used form a dude in cali when I was on vacation. It is versatile enough for me to play my metal (mostly a Metallica sound) and Switch channels to a completely clean sound for whole songs, or for interludes/intros. It has two channels and a foot pedal to Switch between channels when away from the amp and has a whole load of effects, like 100 or something, haven't even tried them all. I wish It had some presets for bands or songs like a spider III but that's basically the only amp I know with those. It definately has the power for me, I haven't even turned it up all the way and it hurts my ears and can knock a water bottle off of a table.

AfoHot
    SOAD_GOD wrote: i have the GM108 which is basically the practice amp version amp version of this, it is VERY good! with the right pickups, you can get your desired sound. i use mine with a Dimebucker (which sounds great!) and an unnamed 17k humbucker (which sounds INNNSSAAANNNEEE!) and i couldn't be happier with my practice tone. if my GM108 sounds good, then i bet this just sounds crushing.
    I got the same amp and I totally agree with you. I've got a Epiphone Dot, (of course humbuckers) and it actually sounds impressive. It's not enough to compete with a double bass drummer but smaller things and practise is what it's built for. I'm hoping somehow this big brother of the GM108 will show up on our doorstep for Christmas hehe