V-Tone GMX212 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX212

Purchased from: EBay

I play my Gibson and Epiphone electrics through this (Humbucker Equipped). Mostly rock, metal, alternative, some blues. This thing can get serious distortion or very clean sounds and everything in between! I have a couple Peavey amps I use for travel, and their sound doesn't compare to the GMX212! They sound so artificial! Plenty of power to play with my band in most small and mid-sized venues. It wouldn't be loud enough for an open stadium, but that's why we have a PA system! But it could surely get the law called on you!

Overall this is without a doubt the very best amp you could possibly buy for the money! If it were stolen or destroyed I would go straight out and buy another! In fact, I may just buy another for a backup amp to leave at home so I don't have to tote it back and forth from practice.

I've had this amp for over a year now, gigs, practice etc, and so far no problems at all! Of course I take care of all my equipment. It is electronic after all and not indestructible! I gig with it regularly, and don't take another amp with me. Very dependable!

Wow! What can I say? I've been playing guitar for close to 30 years (amateur and professionally), and I've owned Fender, Marshall, Carvin, Peavey, among others. This is by FAR the best amp I've had for the money! 2-12" speakers (Jensens), 50 watts per channel, stereo, with all the inputs and outputs you ever need! I purchased the Behringer midi board that goes with this amp and it's great! First amp I have ever owned that I don't use any foot pedal effects with! No Distortion Pedal! And you can get so many sounds out of this! 100 built-in effects that can be tweaked if you have the midi board. Plus built in tuner! What else do you need? (Maybe someone to carry it for you!)