V-Tone GMX212 review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone GMX212

Purchased from: A-OK Pawn

I use humbucker equipped guitars, and I can literally find any sound I want on this amp. It does everything, and it does it well. I can get it from a super high output fire breather, to warm tweedy melodies, and back with a few small tweaks. It may take a little while to warm up, but when it does, its ready to go. It sounds great.

I play heavy metal for the most part, and some industrial metal. This amp can handle it. To think that it cost only 130 dollars and was collecting dust in a pawn shop? Anyone who talks shit on this amp, is either an all tube purist, or they couldnt dial in the sound because they have no clue what they're doing. I doubt this amp will ever get stolen because it weighs so damn much, but it's all muscle. I would definitely look into this amp if you want a great practice, medium gig, recording amp.

I picked it up from a pawn shop, and to my suprise, this thing's a Diamond in the rough. This is a gigging amp. I've seen these perform live, and sounded awesome. I've used mine, loud and long, with no problems at all. The giant heat sink on the back pretty much garuntees it wont overheat. Its ready to go. I will say this, though. The knobs and Inputs are made of plastic. I have had accidents which resulted in me having to replace the input jack. Behringers are said to be hard to work with since there's alot of circuitry back there, but I got it repaired [cost effectively I might add]and it hasn't broken since. Treat her right, and she'll return the love.

- 2006 Behringer. - 2 12" Jenson speakers: - 60 watts each. - 2 independent channels with their own independant volume levels: - channel one is best for cleans - channel 2 is best for distortion - Each channel has a Drive, Low Mid High and Level knob. - 27 different amp models which can be mix n' matched - 3 amps simulations - 3 speaker simulations - 3 gain simulations - Numerous effects controlled by an FX selector and saturation knob[which can be remixed and refined into your own different combinations with the not-included MIDI controller]: - chorus - flanger - phasing - rotary - auto-wah - echo - delay - compressor - distortion - 99 user presets with different combinations of the above effects. - A tuner - Headphone jack for quiet jamming. - Adjustable Aux input and dedicated CD input for playback or other line-level signals - L/R outputs for speaker extensions [i.e. a speaker cabinet] - An effects loop - Dual footswitch: - channel selection - effect bypass - tuner activation and theres the Presence and Master Volume switch. Although, I do wish I could attach rollers on the bottom. This thing is heavy, and has only a leather strap to carry it with.

Baronvonpersk
    I bought this amp a few months ago on the cheap second hand from ebay and it's a fab amp for the money I paid (80). A great range of sounds but I agree with some of the above that if you're after a pure thrash / deth metal rhythm sound it falls a bit short of truly shredding your face off! I use it as practise amp in a house and barely need to push it past volume 3 to get a huge sound and f**k off the neighbours! You can also run a CD or MP3 player through the amp which is great for practising along to tracks. The effects unit is good, I've just bought a Behringer midi pedal to go with it and I can get a great mix of sounds. If you want something a bit different (I always used to have Marshalls) this is a great alternative