BH15 Handsome Devil review by Blackheart

Blackheart: BH15 Handsome Devil

Purchased from: Red Dog Music

Using with a Tele, LP copy, Gretsch Electromatic and Epi Dot. Sounds excellent with all of them. I found my favourite sound on the amp and then use pedals for variety / colour. Sounds quite Vox-ey. The switchable output is useful and completely changes the character of the amp.

Absolutely love this amp. Best 250 I ever spent and suits my needs perfectly. Pretty sure you could do smallish gigs with this. I moved from a Cube 30 to a Epi Valve Junior to this: the BH beats the shit out of them. OK, my mate has a Twin Reverb which is Godlike but he spent a fortune on his and can't turn it above 2 in the house. I would buy this again and recommend it to anyone in a heart beat.

Seems sturdy but who can tell with a tube amp? Good solid construction. Heavy plywood, steel chassis, sold switches and knobs. Apparently I have to type more here but I've nothing left to add - only had it 2 months.

Single channel 15 watt tube amp. Bought in 2010, dunno when it was made. 3 band EQ, presnce, gain and volume. 10" Eminence Lady Luck speaker, outputs for various speaker ratings. 15 / 7 watts switchable. I use this in the house for my own enjoyment. I play blues, punk, rock and it fits well. Takes pedals really well.

BassDante
    any idea what this would sound like with a line 6 pod or something similar, as in how much would the sound of the amp change the tone from the line 6 sound?