BH5H & BH5-112 Little Giant Half-Stack review by Blackheart

Blackheart: BH5H & BH5-112 Little Giant Half-Stack

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play this with a Epiphone Dot through a TS9 and EHX Little Big Muff. With these I can get almost any tone I want. I play blues, dirty and clean (in the realm of John Mayer), rock (think Black Keys), and sometimes venture into random light metal shredding just for fun. With this setup I can literally get a good tone for any of those styles. I can get an almost sparkly clean with no effects, then turn on the OD and get a slightly crunchy dirty blues tone, then turn on the Big Muff for some rock-metal tones.

I have played through the Epi Valve Junior, and the Fender Champion 600, and this amp stands up above both. I can say this amp can even rival the tone of a Blues Jr. I do not regret buying this over any other amp in its price range, because this is better than them all. If it were lost or stolen, I would rebuy it as soon as I could.

I have had this amp for only about 5 months, and I have not gigged with it yet, but I take it over to my friends house, where it gets slightly banged up along the way usually, and then gets cranked as I play it over the drums. I have not once experienced problems of any kind.

I bought this amp during a sale on Musician's Friend, and I love everything about it. It is a one channel class A 5w all tube amp. It has 3 band EQ and A volume knob. Not a lot of features, but what else do you need (except maybe a gain knob... That would be nice), so I rate this a 9.

BaDG0oD
    Is this Blackheart Little Giant BH5H + Blackheart BH112 Cabinet? Its good with Pedals, also loud enough to keep up with drummer? Thanks
    chinocapuchino
    Great reviews, I'm going to see and test one this weekend. The owner really doesn't want to get rid of it, that's what attracted my attention. He did mention it's great for small gigs and you can mic it and it will sound great. Well, once I try it and hopefully bring it home, I will try to write a review about it.