HT 100H Stage review by Blackstar

Blackstar: HT 100H Stage

Purchased from: Musician's Superstore

As noted above, the sound out of this thing is amazing. The clean is pristine, OD1 can either be a little distortion over the clean or you can crank it up pretty high and OD2 is absolutely brutal. I play this through a Vintage '77 Marshall cab with two greenbacks below two silverbacks and the sound and tone is phenomenal. This amp can be a little noisy on OD2 with the gain really cranked, but my Rocktron Hush Pedal takes care of that nicely.

I play quite a few different music styles and this amp handles them all with amazing fluidity. It handles and sounds great playing punk, indie, alternative and it melts faces while playing anything metal. If someone stole this I would definitely buy it again and recommend it to everyone who plays guitar. By far my favorite feature is the three distinct channels and I got it for $750! The sound for the price cannot be matched by any other company out there, I guarantee it. I tried out a Line 6 Voodoo Valve at Guitar Center across the street before I tried out this bad boy and I never looked back.

Although I've only had the amp for a couple of months and have not gigged out with it, it's built solidly and the three year warranty should take care of any manufacturing issues should they arise.

The features of this amp are amazing. It has three channels with distinct sound. I love the clean channel, it is so crisp and punchy with great definition. Some don't like the fact you only have one EQ for the two distortion channels but I find this to not be an issue at all. The effects loop is a great feature if you like to use a pedalboard but as a no-nonsense type of guitarist the digital whammy is all I use on the front end and the sound is so great you don't need a bunch of pedals to shape your tone. The ISF feature on this amp can really shape your to e to your specs.

rlewishughes
    So many are talking about the Stage having solid state. This is totally untrue. It is weird that the clean channel only uses one preamp tube and the overdrive channels utilize 2 but the reason for this is the overdrive channels not only distort the pre tubes but also the power. Amazing amp and insanely high headroom. If you don't own it don't talk about something you don't know.