HT 40 Club review by Blackstar

Blackstar: HT 40 Club

Purchased from: Zzounds

I use a Fender American Standard with a hotrails pickup in the bridge. I can get all the heavy tomes I need with this pickup and amp combo. Where the amp shines even more is the middle of the road rock and classic rock tones. Best tone I have ever had. This is perfect for creating the wide variety of sounds I need to cover different artists music.

I can't say enough good things about this amp. I love the tones I am getting out of it and can't wait to plug in everey chance I get. I wouldn't even consider any other amp at this time if this were stolen. I would replace it with the same model right away. I compared this with some high end Marshalls and this still blew them away. I put my delay, chorus, flanger and EQ through the effects loop and it sounds great. Out from I just run my Bad Horise Wah and Tuner. The all run great together.

Tough to say just yet as I have only had them amp for a month or so. Right now I have no choice but to gig without a backup, but this amp seems really well made and I am not to worried about it. For the price it seems to be as well made as the higher end Marshalls, Mesas etc. I still can; t believe I have an amp at this price that sounds so good and is so well made. Great job Blackstar!

Great versatile amp! I play in a cover band and we do everything from Tom Petty to Godsmack. This amp has all the tones covered, and nicely. Its a 2 channel amp, with 2 modes per channel so you can really get 4 different sounds anytime you need them. Love the tube sound!

MacMan2001
    If I had the money to spare, I'd love one of these. A Blackstar and a Vox - everything you need
    SW1970
    I picked one up a couple of weeks ago, and have to agree that for the money you can't do better. Mine was a blemished one for $559.00, only thing noticable was one of the metal corner reinforcements had the finish wore off of it. Other amps that I checked out prior to purchase was the Kustom Defender V50, Jet City JCA 5212RC, 6505, and the Bogner Alchemist. The Bogner came in a close second, but I did'nt think it sounded $300+ better.
    sewoo55
    with a tubescreamer, do you think it would have enough gain for metal?
    SW1970
    sewoo55 wrote: with a tubescreamer, do you think it would have enough gain for metal?
    Yes, it's already a high gain amp w/o any pedals.
    Nafon
    This is legitimately my first tube amp... I'm so glad I got it. It's absolutely AMAZING.