HT 60 Stage review by Blackstar

Blackstar: HT 60 Stage

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play a Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH. I will say that most people told me with such a cheap guitar, I won't unlock the full potential of the amp. WRONG! This thing sounds AMAZING! I play the Eagles, to Megadeth, to Creed, to Nirvana and even some Robert Cray and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Compared to a Fender, this definitely is not as good as clean, but it is the closest thing I've ever heard! I was torn between this and a Fender HOT Rod Deville, but I concluded that the overdrive made up for the clean being nearly as good as the fender.The clean is awesome! I can play some blues and some old Beatles, especially with the voice switch. I leave the gain on the Overdrive one channel fairly low so I can get some great crunch! I love the sound I can get, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and everything else! The overdrive 2 channel is where I BELIEVE (MY PERSONAL OPINION) the amp shines. Especially for a Metalhead like me, I can get killer tones out of my amp, Megadeth, Metallica, Arch Enemy, Slayer, Anthrax, You name it! With the ISF knob You can easily get more British sounds within seconds, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Saxon and everything else!

If you want an incredible, versatile, and great sounding all around amp, then this is for you! I had to have it the second I tried it, but had to wait a day to get paid, so I was heartbroken but it was well worth it! This is my first tube amp. And I can't tell you how happy I am with my purchase! You guys have to try one out to see what I mean, my guess is, You will walk out of the store with one of these babies. And it is amazingly priced! You can't buy a Marshall 2x12 60w combo for anywhere near $899. I love it! If it were lost or stolen I would easily replace it if I didn't kill myself first. Cheers!

I wish I could write more here, but simply put, I haven't had the amp long enough. I will tell you though, this thing is HEAVY. I believe it comes to around 70 pounds (31.7 kg) and if I were on tour, I would have to hire people to carry this thing around, as I'm 14 years old. With that being said, it appears to be built very nicely, I haul it around to my friends houses to Jam but that's about it, so sorry for not being able to put much here but I'm afraid that I can't write more in this section until I've had it a little longer.

I've tried out multiple amps and this one definitely had the most features of any of the ones that I tried out. It was the only one withing the $700 - $1000 range that had dedicated resonance and presence switches, among with dedicated individual Gain and Volume for each channel. This was the only one I saw that also had three channels. While the two overdrive channels share an equalization section, It is not the end of the world. The light and dark reverb options are great for versatility. The voicings on each channel make it one of the most versatile things I've ever seen! I've seen Marshall's of up to three grand not be able to accurately play these many types of music. This is my first tube amp and I am very happy with my purchase. The only reason I don't give features a ten out of ten is the fact that OD 1 and OD 2 share eq sections. But it doesn't particularly bother me.