ID:Core Stereo 40 Review

review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
ID:Core Stereo 40 Reviewed by: dragoneater6699, on april 30, 2016

Price paid: C$ 279

Purchased from: Music Center Canada

Features: The amplifier was made from 2011-2014 as far as I have been able to see before the TVP technology was brought in. A very versatile solid state amp great for practice was built in the spirit of beginner guitarists but with enough bells and whistles to keep even experienced gear enthusiasts pleased. It is a wood box with vinyl construction it has 2 6 and a half inch speakers it can be as clear as a bell or as filthy as can be. It's the solid state amp that sounds like whatever you want. The effects on this amp allow you to have a reverb, modulation, and a delay on at once allowing a customization not achievable on most amplifiers. // 10

Sound: I Play metal mainly. It has a very tight clean sound. Very, very clear. Can hear chord separation. I have not tried there new TVP amps but this is the closest I have seen any full transistor amp sounding like a tube amp. I was quite sceptic at first with only the ISF (infinite sound form) no bass and treble but not to worry the ISF equalized the sounds in an instant. Go from us high gain to that raunchy UK sound with ease. It's the amp that sounds like anything whatever you want.

Not only does the amp sound amazing there is a noise gate built right into it which you can turn off with the software when hooked up to a computer. The Internet functionality is a whole different beast. Hook up the Internet and download a patch to sound exactly like any song you want. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Solid state says it all no tubes to burn out and very hard to wreck. The workmanship seems amazing. As for gigging it's fairly quite you can use the emulated line out to get to a pa but stand alone you would be limited to playing a cafe or small bar. I think it records very well. And could be used if you were into recording with a versatile clear as a bell amplifier. The amp looks tiny but packs a punch, it doesn't take up much room and is loud enough to ring out in the large room in which I play. // 8

Overall Impression: I Play heavy metal this works perfectly for what I play. I have been playing 15 yeas plus and have never found a solid state amp of this size with this quality. I have owned a few modeling amps over the years both solid state and tube. By far this is the best solid state amp money can buy. It beats my Peavey Vypyr hands down and can stand up to my Vox VT30 in quality it's just not as loud. My favourite features involve the distortion and effects. The four reverb are among the best I have heard emulated and being able to aces all three effects separate is what makes this a versatile machine. If this were stolen I would replace it for sure no doubt in my mind. I couldn't find anything this versatile else where. // 10

Comments